Archive through January 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie tks, your right I did not resurface cast parts, but I can, never thought about it or read about that, the pto worked so I used it little over summer, it just would not take much of a load, I will be looking at it in the next couple months and will send some pics,

You need to get a good cross hatch and make each side flat as possible.
266503.jpg

266504.jpg

If you don't have access to a belt sander, use a piece of steel or glass with sand paper.
Start out with 80 grit and then 100.
You might have to scuff up the clutch disc a little with 120 grit paper as well, since you more than likely glazed it when it slipped.
Check for wear on the fingers, replace the tension springs and double nuts that hold the 3 bolts and you should be good to go for another 30 years.

Snowthrower question..
Looking at the Cub Cadet Sponsor above.. "Parts Lookup". It shows the QA36 and QA42 fitting on older Cubs. i.e. the 147. They do not list the QA's in the attachment section of the 782. I do not know enough about Frames and PTO's between the different tractors.. Does anyone know if the Thrower and all it's framework is a direct bolt on my 782? I THINK a guy has a QA42 cheap (he says he has a 42" thrower on his 147)and I just wonder if it will bolt up to the 782.

Thanks Dennis Frisk for the tech info on the lift handle lock button. I also had serious reservations about removing the button. I would rather take a chance on ripping the new grip than screw-up the lockout button and have problems with it for a long time afterwards. I can always wrap the handle with some sort of handlebar wrap and put large heat shrink tubing over it. Thanks again.

Ok Charlie, that's exactly what I will do, my cub was never used much, and pto had not been working for probably 15 to 20 years, previous owner just didn't store stuff properly, just left outside behind barn. Tiller was used for 1 hour back in 1969, then never used again, there is zero wear on tiller tines, I could not believe how smooth and quiet it was. Tks again

TONY - I think you need a QA-42 "A" for your 782. The "A" version is convertible from a NF to WF mount. A 147 is a NF.

And for your 782 I think you need "curved" upper links instead of straight upper links to miss your grill casting.

44 deg F here today. I`am going to take the 102 for a spin. We will get snow later this week; such odd weather we having.

Latest posts

Back