• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First Post.

First Cub Cadet.

Just bought a 108 that is in excellent shape but needed some work...Turns out someone put a K181 in it. either that or it's a rare 8HP model?

It had a ground that kept killing the battery overnight. turned out to be a bad cigarette lighter.

was missing the long rod to connect the front of the mower deck. got one on order.

The governor shaft was frozen. Tore down the engine to find the governor gear was broken (plastic).

Now my friend is going to use his micrometer's to check the bore and crank journal. Where is the best place to buy an engine kit? I may need a piston and a rod too.

Thanks alot!

Tim G.
Welcome to the forum.
thumbsup_old.gif

Looks like someone switched engines on ya there buddy. Which isn't all bad. It's still a Kohler!

The sponsor buttons above can and will get you anything you need, Especially the Kirk Engines and Vogt's engines ones.

I doubt you will find anyone any better than those two for engines and answering questions for them.

Ryan, I had done that to an old roto beacon, and it worked ok, but it fogged the lens with the adhesive, so I have some HVAC aluminum tape that'll do the trick.
on the power washin subject, I do it to my 149 all the time, but I go easy on it (fine spray, jest enough to de-crudify it, but still don't hurt my paint...) it never complains, and it leaks enough at times (engine oil) to keep it from ever rustin. (It is called external lubrication chuckle
err.gif
)The only problems I have are electrical, so far not mechanical (except for the deck bearing that blew up on me this summer, literally, squeak, frag-grenade, and the s/g belt slippin when wet.)
Now Charlie, I wonder if you could put a/c in your Quiet cab???

Yet another stupid question. Which type of hour meter is preferred? (other than the original BORG hour meters thatwe all love so much...)

Timothy G...Sounds like a Model 86 to me...The 1x8/9 series tractor with an 8 hp engine. The model 86 & 108 were identical except for the engine.

MyronB
CCSupplyRoom

Kraig,thanks for the compliment once again.i also have a 70 and a 100 all restored in the green model as well but,my wife converted me to the good,thats why these cubs got restored..and unfortunately doesn't look good for the green in the garage they are under cover..but the tractor size is no comparison to the cub,like the healthier looking cubs that we restored.they kind of make the j.d.'s look like a pedal tractor!when they are side by side..talk at ya,Vern.

Tom,

Thrower is greased, cab is on the 782 and it's fueled up, battery on the trickle charger, etc.

Loader on the 149 stands in reserve for the real heavy stuff.

Could get nasty with the 25 mph wind and 8" of snow they are calling for!!!!!

SO tommorow im off for an 8 hour drive to the <u><font size="+2">WORD AG EXPO!!!!</font></u> I have never been so i am really excited. I am staying 3 days and i am going up with people from my F.F.A. Chapter. And just the way i am with a HUGE toy tractor collection im bound to come home with a few toys ; ]

But the draw back is im not going to get any work done on the cub the next 3 days = [

Anthony,
With "The 15th Annual California Antique Farm Equipment Show" going on at the World Ag Expo, I would think you could find some more tips for your project work (and to share with others).
Take some good pics and ask some good questions. Have fun and learn at the same time? What a concept!

Back