• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through February 11, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acasteel

displayname
Anthony Casteel
whoa whoa whoa!!! im not shure if you want to use windex! that might be a little harsh on the lense! use a something soft like 80 grit sand paper
wink.gif

No use eye glass cleaner and a very soft micro fiber cloth.

On another note! I got my trans and engine powerwashed and dang it is clean!!!

51490.jpg

51491.jpg

Good job Glen! I've had ideas for some of my offtopics along those lines, may get done now. Don't worry Kentuck, I'll just hook a chain to the back of the truck and pull my axle off, Hopefully it will bounce and break into the back of the shed. How's the arm Charlie? Gettin any better? Me an my friend will open up space to get the tractor thru. I'd send you an email, but hotmail is on the fritz, or my computer is and I was wondering what's left on the 1250 parts tractor?
wink.gif

Charlie,
Glad I caught your comment before I go and powerwash my cub this week. What should I tape off or cover before I go and powerwash?? What precautions should I take so I don't screw up the finish and paint?? Thanks allot

Charlie,

Uhhh are you talking about on the trans?

bob,

Is the cub repainted? If so dont get close to the paint at all with the nozzle. I dont ever use the preasure washer on any of my tractors but this was different. I was sick of using a puddy knife to get all that crud out so i degreased and washed it. I would just use a hose and wash it with dish soap

Bob F.
Psersonally I tape off the vent hole on top of the rear end, the relief valves, since I only wash hydros, grin.
Makre sure that the rubber grommet on the points cover if it's dried out and not tight. Also the block vent. Then the I wrap the pto in plastic, just in case. And if you have a S/G that has the oil tubes, make sure those are capped.
If you have chipped paint and use a high power washer, make sure and not hit the edge of the paint or you'll be repainting.
There's my 3 cents.
biggrin.gif

Charlie,thanks for the info on the site i will check to see if there on the rear axle tomorrow..I finally got the 70 out of the corner of the garage to take a photo shoot of the 100 and 70 together.will tell you that restoring these is fun but being so picky it seems to take forever!!but in the end when your done you just sit there and window shop them!now there both covered up back in the corner of the garage.also when you have them covered up people don't tend to sit on them..but they sure want to see them,makes you feel good when people look at them and everything you have done to get the cubs this way!something that alot of people would not tackle doing,but being that we here are all enthusiasts on making these cubs look excellent,its nice to share some photos with you guys in general.i appreciated all the compliments through the restore on the 100..Kraig and the rest of you,appreciate the kind comments!so here are the pictures i have been waiting to take!Vern.
51521.jpg

51522.jpg

I bet Vern wouldn't even let a feller set a cold frosty one on the hood while ya light up a stogie !
Now that's a nice pair!

Charlie,
Ouch. You've got to take better care of yourself, some parts are NLA!!!

Oh yeaaahhhhh ummmmm......No i did not....Is that y it was giving some oil? As in i came out the day after and there was a nice puddle of trans fluid on the trans?

And Charlie if you dont mind my asking what happened to your finger?

My father lost the tip of his right index finger while using a jointer in 1981. For 10 years our across-the-street neighbor (who retired as a service manager from the local IH dealership) teased him about his misfortune. It was all in good fun. Then the neighbor lost half his right middle finger while working on a large IH tractor. The nurse kept yelling at him because he had wrapped his bloody hand in a greasy red shop rag, and the finger in another!
He was a good guy. Come to think of it, he was the one who got me my first job as a mechanic at a Cub Cadet dealership where I fell in love with these things.

It got shot off many years ago!
It's prolly still layin somewhere around lumphat cambodia.
And it's true, you don't even hear it comin.
biggrin.gif

It does come in handy gettin those engine mounting bolts out in the front axle channel on a Cub though.

Yeah you know i always belived in karma

"what comes around go's around" Or how ever that goes

yeah my uncle was a cop in Phoenix Arizona and he was riding his motocycle and got hit by a drunk driver on i think the left side and was put in the hospital.....He was in there longer then the guy was in jail well he had it amputated. Well he is a really cool guy but i have to say he jokes about it... like one time we were driving and we saw a lady jogging and he said she was hot and then joked about how if he could jog he would hit on her. But i get uncomfortable when he does that kuz i have had times were a limb was almost taken off.

Charlie im sorry to hear that

Ok ok whats the cat story

Back