• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 07, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Yes there is, Ethan.
But they are often missing and if they are present, often hardened from age. They are still available but crazy expensive for no more than it is.
I'd just substitute a piece of door edge guard like one can find at the auto parts store or trim shop although the profile is not quite as deep/tall it will still not contact the air cleaner base like the original stuff. Comes in handy for other uses as well such as a guard for sharp edges of sheet metal where wiring is close by.

Hydro, The z bend in the PTO rod will not fit into PTO arm up front unless you have the front end off. At least not mine, unless it was backwards all along. I put it on the way it was worn. I wondered why it was so difficult to change a belt.

Larry, nice progress. I've been tripped up a few times by that PTO rod.
angry.gif

Luther, thanks for mentioning the solenoid as a possible problem area for grounding. That might explain why my #2 125 occasionally doesn't want to turn over like it should. I'll have to check it out and see if it might be the cause. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

Hey..I have gotten my non fully releasing clutch pretty well sorted out on my 126..The holes in the new fiber clutch discs are either a tad too small, or the new 3 pin driver pins are a smidge larger than they used to be..Not sure, but either way, I enlarged the 3 holes a fraction and polished up the driver pins, PLUS, I polished the inside of the pilot bushing and the end of the driveshaft, as well as smearing a little dab of Lucas synthetic high temp red grease on the newly polished DS end...Being a new clutch, I had used 3 new anti rattle springs because I hate clutch rattles..As I moved the engine back in place, I took great pains in my effort to get the motor positioned where there would be no binding of the DS in the pilot bushing..I started the motor, checked the release of the clutch to see if the DS was still spinning with the clutch disengaged and I'm pleased to say it was nearly perfect. I wondered though, if the 3 new anti rattle springs might be preventing a clean immediate release of the pressure plate, so I popped all 3 off the open end of the pin drivers and found the clutch was then releasing perfectly...My question is...Are the pin drivers a sort of culprit in some cases where the clutch PP does not release as cleanly as it could? Thank you guys...

Larry K and now Kraig has been added - are you saying you cannot insert the Z end of the PTO rod into the PTO lever without having the front end grill casting removed???

It's been quite some time since I worked on a narrow frame unit but I don't recall this. I know you have to have the S/G belt tension adjusting arm unscrewed at one end and a little loose at the other, but I don't recall having to have the cast grill housing off.

Did you separate the PTO rod from the turn buckle? Where is Kraig and his Photos when you need him?

John M - I'm really a "Hydro" kinda guy so you probably don't want me answering your question.
biggrin.gif

Charlie - geez, that seat reminded me of the ole saying: "more cushion, less pushing"
rofl.gif

Sad thing is, I might just leave it on there once I get to set in it, LOL
Wish it was black though!

That high back would come in handy for when the BRS thing gets used now and then. No whiplash to worry about!

Charlie - hmm, if you leave that seat I sure hope it doesn't get wet.

Digger-upgrade that seat to six way power for ultimate comfort LOL,oh cup holders too and a kegerator would be cool

So I have a very good friend of mine,more like family he has an 1811 I went to visit him the other night,everytime I see him I ask him if I can have his tractor and everytime he tells me to pound sand the other night was no different.one of these days he’ll cave I guess I just have to be persistent LOL

Latest posts

Back