• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through December 06, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woe is me: Part I
Well, I did it now.
What do y'all think? Can I repair this? Say braze the piece back and re-thread? (I decline to state how this happened.)
182134.jpg

Woe is me: Part II
I've finished rebuilding my 126's K301 on Saturday and tried to start it. Nothing - even with starting fluid. I have spark, gas in bowl, good ground, points open at correct gap, it turns over as in the past. Nothing except an occasional backfire that seems caused by compression more than combustion.
I'm not asking for a long-distance diagnosis but can get a list of things that I should check?
Thanks.

Dave Shine

Air impact wrenches will do that damage lol.A good welder can fix it but a used part might be less $$. I save all my s ups in a pile as a constant reminder to check three times and take my tiime lol. just my .02

Dave Shine
Is the spark plug wet?
do you have fire at all?

lol start there, keep us posted
(
1a_scratchhead.gif
)

Dave....If you have fuel and spark, are they at the right time ?

Well here's a quicky on the 1450 with the clam shells I have...<font size="-2">probably should have done a better job on this one</font>

182137.jpg

They might be a little small but they are from a tractor with 6x12s...what ya think ?

Dave have you tried a NEW condenser. A bad condenser can do that and more. I learned that the hard way.
dunno.gif

Don,

Right out of my 149-1650 IH service manual. This should help explain the installation and purpose of 2 small pins in the control side instead of one long one.

182142.jpg

Newer manuals may omit this detail.

Hope it helps (I didn't have my manual with me earlier today, so I couldn't post the diagram I knew I had....)

Back