• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 28, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcurrier

displayname
Frank A. Currier(Northern Maine)
$4.059 in Northern Maine. Strange story: Cape Elizabeth in Southern Maine is noted at the richest place in Maine and consistently has the lowest gas prices.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Went up .30 during the day. Now at 4.29. BSBSBSBSBSBSBS!!!!!!

$3.69 in central Iowa. It did grudgingly go down from $3.59 to $3.57 for three days and then happily jumped up to the $3.69.
bash.gif

What I don't understand is how gas can be so much here in the Chicagoland area when we are sitting on the door step of one of the largest refineries in the country in East Chicago, IN. And yet the price is a whole dollar less in North Dakota! Doesn't the cost of transporting the finished product have anything to do with the price?
bash.gif

A fellow here at work rang a bell with my memory. He mentioned "gas wars". Anyone remember those? I do. He said he recalled somewhere around 1968 there was a gas war in his neck of the woods and gas prices bottomed out at 18 cents a gallon.

I saw a 20 cent jump at 4 gas stations in the 8 hours that I was at work yesterday. glad I filled up before work....Rockford, IL

$3.949 in the Chippewa Valley here in Wisconsin.
Some stations are now offering 3 to 5 cents off per gallon with a CASH payment.

The bike requires premium... I paid $4.30/gal for premium today - $21.80 to fill a MOTORCYCLE !!!!
eek.gif

$4.10 a gallon here in Mid Michigan. That crap about about getting a Tune Up or properly inflating my tires is just that.....CRAP!

By Tom Hoffman (Thoffman) on Tuesday, February 21, 2012 - 09:42 pm:

Thank you Mr Oboma for not signing the bill that would have started the movement for the pipeline from Canada, WHO BTW, ARE OUR FREINDS NOT THE CRAZY RAGHEADS THAT HATE US and a wanting to blockade the Suez Canal where the oils flow though.
happy.gif

I found this interesting, although I've seen nothing on the news:
From SEPTEMBER 2012 VFW Magazine, Page 11:
"Canada Wants Vets for Pipeline"
"A non-profit company in Canada is seeking U.S. veterans to work on an oil pipeline, and a VFW-affiliated job board has contacts to help fill the positions".
In a nutshell, Vetjobs.com is the site to go to and they anticipate a shortage of 114,000 jobs in Alberta.
1a_scratchhead.gif
happy.gif

Kevin L. -

According to a buddy of mine on 8/28:
<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Cash wholesale gas prices soared as he storm caused panic buying in many markets as the storm has shut 1.3 million barrels a day of refining capacity which is close to 8% of the country's total capacity. According to Dow Jones gasoline prices rose in all three major spot-market trading hubs east of the Rocky Mountains on Gulf of Mexico production shut-ins and refinery closures in Mississippi and Louisiana. Even in the Chicago Market prices soared raising suspicions that the BP Whiting refinery is having more issues. Reports of a pipeline running at less than capacity coming from Cushing Oklahoma and the impending storm could be tightening their oil supply.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Bryan D McMeen - Keeper of the Holy HyTran - it's great to see you lurk and post on occassion again. I don't really travel on business anymore so stopping in at the Great Barrington is near impossible, but some day when I retire I'll have to try again. In the interim, I paid $3.94 here in the Seattle area but many places are over $4. There's a refinery north of here they keep having trouble with (on purpose).

A member with a newer Cub sent me this today !!

Got gas for tractor at 11:00 am. Paid 3.55.9 .got gas for truck at 1:30 pm, same station, paid 3.71.9 . we don’t need oil from Canada, when we can continue to make arabs richer, plus why give our own people jobs building Keystone pipeline???

'Nuff said....

Latest posts

Back