• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 26, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I happened upon a very nice 122 with loader for sale near me. While I think it's going to be way out of my price range, I was curious about the loader. It is a Danco, but has a hydraulic bucket and does not look like any I could find here in the archives. I asked if it was adapted from another make, but the owner says it was originally made for a CC. I'm going to stop by again tonight and try to get some pictures. Does anyone know of a source for information on Danco loaders? I haven't been able to turn anything up.

Jim E., said <blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

(where does he find this stuff anyway?)<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

I simply enter some words that describe what I want to search for HERE

BC, some of the later model Danco loaders had the hydraulic cylinders on the bucket.

*Cub Cadet*
Microsoft's latest patch for XP is out.
*Cub Cadet*
Notice... on topic.

MKJ -

I'm a sysadmin. We sysadmins strongly identify with the BOFH. It's in our nature, in our blood.

And yeah, I've had my MSDN copy of XP SP2 running for a week or so - turned off the firewall and turned down the IE "protect me from myself" settings. Nothing dumber than having IE stop you from reactivating the latest MS Reader cuz it won't let their own ActiveX controls run...

<font size="-2">before you ask, the house network sits behind a well protected Linux firewall/webserver/mailserver...</font>

"Huh? I'd used 4 Meg already, How could I have 4 Meg Available?"

OH GEEZ!!!!!!!!!!! I bout fell off my chair!!!!!!

lol.gif

Your killing me!! That has to be some of the funniest stuff I have read in a long time.

I can just see Jack Black in that roll......

That excerpt from the BOFH chronicles is posted on the outside of my office as a warning to those users asking for resources without first looking at what they have and what they're using...

To keep things on topic, I've finally revived my articulated '82 series project. Hopefully it'll be a roller shortly.

(Message edited by jmjackson on August 27, 2004)

MKJ -

Perhaps you should check the quote in my profile
wink.gif

Kraig,

Dogpile is my main search engine too. I just haven't got the habit of using it constantly everytime I am online.

MKJ -

Then you'll fit in fine around here
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">just kidding!</font>

I have a 1650 with a leaking front seal (big surprise) Anyway, is it possible to replace the front seal without dismantling the engine or do I have to bite the bullet, haul out the engine and tear it apart??
Thanks for the help
Walter

Walter-
It's possible to do the seal replacement while leaving the engine in the chassis, it's a challenge but if you're careful to not nick the machined & ground surface on the crankshaft. Check to make sure your rear (flywheel side) seal isn't leaking too, at that point the engine will have to come out.

Hi guys,I have continued to have problems adjusting my carb (109 K241 ) I have had it off many times now and finally seemed to get it running smooth at both Idle & high speed but now at high speed it throws the starter belt instantly. My belt appears to be too thick for the pulleys, no numbers visable on belt but located a chart in archives had to cross ref to a Gates 10a0815 which I'll try to replace tomorow.Why is this happening all of the sudden?

Walter -

If it's truly the front seal (which is on the blower side of the engine, or the side which faces the rear of the tractor), then yes, you'd have to do some disassembly.

However, I believe you're talking about the rear seal (according to the parts book), which is the one behind the PTO.

Yes, it matters, because they're different seals.

Anyway, the seal behind the PTO is quite easy to replace - it's the first "big" repair I did on the 1450.

Don-
If the belt's an incorrect size it will have a tendancy to ride out of the pulley groove, a combination of vibration, differing angles (as far as the section of the belt goes), and the depth the belt's supposed to ride in the pulley will make the belt come right out. Make sure the pulleys are in the same plane and that they don't have any wobble to them, don't over tension them either. I just pull against the generator and tighten the adjustment bolt, using a pry bar gets it too tight IMHO.

Latest posts

Back