• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dschwandt

IHCC Supporter
displayname
David Schwandt
Here Ya go Guys
This was taken Sat evening on the MoPar cruise by my G'Daughter at a scenic turn out near Balltown, IA north of Dubuque, IA

FYI: This car is one of 29 specially coded (999) paint cars out of a total production of 1212 1960 300-F's and is the only Polar Blue hardtop (of 964) that is known at this time to be fully documented. There was one Convertible out of 248 built also. It lives in FL and was at a meet several years ago where we got some great pic's of the 2 together. If I can find one of 'em, I'll post it up.

The Show was on the 24th at the F'grounds and we had a near record turnout of 283 cars, mostly all MoPars.

289636.jpg

Dave,
Nice pic! Gorgeous view and an even more gorgeous car! (Even for me, a GM fan
icon_rolleyes.gif
)
Love the cars of that era with the streamlining and tail fins.

Here's where my wife, daughter and I spent our vacation, from August 14th through August 22nd. This is in Rainbow Falls Provincial Park, near Rossport, Ontario. Right on the North Shore of Lake Superior. Not sure how many miles we hiked but it was a LOT of hiking. Very beautiful area.

289642.jpg

DAVE S. - I think I was at that scenic turn-off several years ago. Friends from the Quad-Cities were going to supper at Breitbach's with us. We got there early and drove around a bit.

David, thanks. We didn't do any fishing. The wild blueberries were at their peak though.
drool.gif

289644.jpg

289645.jpg

Kraig.. Great campsite!! If I was there I wouldn't want to come home!!

Kraig -- Looks like a great spot to stay for awhile...I hope you enjoyed yourself!

David S -- Very nice!

David s, there is one up the street from me .here in north Seattle ,be around for more than 20 years ,David C

Is the man in the picture standing or sitting? I can't tell. I would have guessed 1920's or even teens with the steel wheels; I thought they would have moved to pneumatic tires by the 1930's but then, I'm not a vintage tractor expert.

I would say he is standing. I don't see any knees, and if he were sitting, his legs would be through the spokes on the steering wheel. JMHO

He is standing in the pic. One of those "ya never know" pics. I'm not a big Case buff, but I'd guess the tractor to be a 1930's vintage. Rubber was becoming more dominant in the late thirties, but if the tractor is older, it would still sport the steel unless the owner opted to torch off the steel and weld on rims. I'm sure some farmers ran steel well into the 1940's due to cost. I guess we could try to figure out the time frame by what clothes he's wearing.
1a_scratchhead.gif

It's really kind of sad, I mean, this was on top a huge box full of old pictures and is in an ancient frame also. Nothing written on the back. Most of the rest had very little written on the back, if anything at all.

All this family history and no one to claim any of it as this was the end of the line so to speak of that branch of the family tree.

We wound up with the contents of the house and are planning a huge auction sometime next summer.

Latest posts

Back