• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 25, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Kentuck,
Will do.
bubbly.gif

Posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2007 - 09:50 pm:

Glen C.
The real easy way is soapy water. Just take 3 or 4 drops of dish soap in a 8 oz. spray bottle. You spray the mix on the tractor and slide the decal around and wipe it off. Use small rubber squeegee to wipe bubbles out.

I'll trade with anyone!
Every 3 freakin days up my way.
I'm hoping for lots of snow this winter too, but I kinda doubt that will happen.
rant.gif

Am having trouble with the transmision jumping out of reverse on my 128. I have never been inside of one of these before, but I do have the manual. This also has the rear PTO, if that makes any difference. Thanks Kendal

Charlie, if your grass really grows that fast I'd treat your yard like "Children of the Corn" and take a machette when I go out to the barn !
whistling.gif

Great day for the 128. Found the correct gen/starter bracket cheap, also started fabrication on my own version of the cub three point top link, wish I had a scanner or digital camera I would post some pics, Guess I will leap into the modern era eventually. Well below average rain here (Eastern shore of Maryland) cuttin grass every week whether it needs it or not. HONEY WHY ARE YOU ALWAYS IN THE SHED? BABY WE FINALLY GOT A IH CUB CADET NUF SAID!!

Erik,
C75DT-XHD - Interstate Workaholic - 525 CCA is my choice. Even though the 782D wasn;t made prior to 1981.
biggrin.gif

Charlie - I'll trade with ya fer a couple of days ;)
23 days of triple digit heat, 18+" of below normal rainfall.

Kentuck,

10-4 on the lack of rain,the 1250 has been resting for going on three weeks now.

Rain gage was emptied last Sunday afternoon. This is what was in it Tuesday morning.
64320.jpg

We had almost 11 inches this week. The area Northeast on me 20 miles (Findlay-Ottawa, Ohio area) made evening news.

Kendal, you may have a bent shift fork. Just pull the top cover and you will be able to see inside the trans. It is pretty simple to remove.

My new 125 cleaned the tank new points turns over good but starts hard sounds just like the timing is off . mowed for half hr and it started to power down and knock runs fine at idle . please help cant get this one. It has a new carb

I am a new user. I am trying to figure out how to start a new discussion. I have a 1978 IH Cub Cadet 1200. I need help on finding a new choke cable and need some knowledge about another repair.I am a poor mechanic....there is a "flywheel assembly" that engages when starting this tractor...needs repair . I could send a picture if anyone thinks they can help. I inherited this beautiful machine and used it for a few months....til I broke it! I have bought a new J Deere with a Kohler, but want to restore my cub cadet. I am in Orlando Florida.

Andy A. & Jim L.
Glad to have ya around.
thumbsup_old.gif

Andy A.
You just started a new discussion when ya posted.
The sponsors listed above can help with your cable.
Resize your pic and post it right here and you'll be set.

Gotta good question about cat0 3 points on a 982. I see from the cub cadet parts look up, they show the rockshaft and the bar that connects the hydraulic cylinder to the rock shaft. The bar has a hole on each end. The 389 model has a slot for the bar.

If the 3 point is suppose to be a free link system, how is the 3 point suppose to float? Is there something in the rock shaft that allows for the arms and linkages to float up? Or does the 982 actually put down pressure on the arms? If not, how does it float?
dunno.gif
Pictures would be helpful to understand.

Andy A. Do you have the manuals for the 1200? For a start the Kohler engine manuals are downloads from Kohler for free. The Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)above have a link to Kohler.

jim, is your points set at .020?, if it starts to quit when hot it also could be a coil and condsenor problem, andy, visit my site at www.cubclassics.com for your parts need,

Rob,

982's and all other SGT's have positive downpressure 3pts.....no float. The pin joints at each end of the lift bar and the solid tugs make for no float in the system. The cat 0 3pts for regular GT's have a slotted lift bar that allows for float built into the system.

SGT's can be very hard to plow with due to the lack of float, and in some conditions require one hand on the lift lever, one on the hydro, and a knee on the wheel!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back