• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 19, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ewank

displayname
Evan Wank
We used a small Odyssey battery in our new 582 turbo diesel. Not cheap. Need to buy a special charger also. Tucked it in under the front of the trans. You can mount them sideways, upside down, whatever same as an Optima.

I'm looking for parts to fix a debilitated outer blade assembly on my '64 Cub 100 38" mower deck (posted in wanted section). I'm just curious, I looked at the parts diagram online and there appear to be fewer parts in the diagram than parts I pulled out of mine. For instance, mine has two bearing sets but in the parts diagram only one is called out. Is this because the second one is included in the spindle assembly? Also, my deck doesn't have a tensioning spring and arm or a hole in the deck for one but everything else is similar. Is that normal even though the parts diagram shows the tensioner? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

Jim, does your deck have cast iron ends or is the deck shell all sheet metal? There are at least two versions of the 3 blade 38" decks.

Thanks Evan I will look into that option.

Pops
old.gif

I was wondering what kind of springs will work on my Cadet plow? I picked it up from a local scrap yard in near perfect condition but it has no springs. Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Jim, I'm not sure but I believe that parts drawing might be wrong. I don't think that any of the cast end decks have the spring tensioner. Hopefully someone more familiar with the cast end decks will post. I don't have my parts manual handy to verify, it's at home buried in a box in the basement.
blush.gif

Kraig/Jim-

I'm like 99% sure that all the cast end decks had the tensioner idler pulley bolted through a slot in the deck skin.

Scott, e-mail a few of our sponsors, click on the business cards above. Best bets are CCSpecialties, Chris westfall, and RF Houtz as they handle a lot of 'pre owned parts'.

Matt, that's what I thought. The Operator's Manual for the cast end decks only show the bolt/slot tension type. Soooo, if the Parts Lookup is wrong on the tensioner it could very well be wrong on the bearing info too.
89971.gif

89972.jpg

89973.jpg

Could you use the fenders from a 70 or 100 on an Original? Are they the same? Thanks, Nick

PaulB - Unfortunately, it is not the same company. It would have been neat to track down the original owner.

The 123 I picked up just about a year ago has been in the back of my shed since I got it. Decided to do a full tear down and rebuild to the best of my abilities. The right & left frame rails are fractured around the front axial pivot channel. There was very little structure holding the front axial on. It wouldn't have been before this would have broken the oil pan. The red lines indicate fractures

90013.jpg

I plan on placing secondary plates on the bottom side to structurally reinforce the frame, should be a permanent fix, rather than just welding up the cracks. Will post the fix when is start and complete.

Jim

Nick H
No, they are not the same, the inner skirt is different. It is deeper on the 70/100 fenders and has a flange on the bottom that rest on the axle housings and there are axle straps that bolt to it.

Kraig, Matt, and others
The CPE-2 Equipment Parts Manual shows both type of belt tensioner's for the cast end decks. They started with the slot and bolt type and later made a spring idler conversion package available, P/N 486 352 R91. The parts were also available individually for both types.

Is this CPE-2 Equipment Parts Manual available online? I'd like to verify the parts I need to repair the blade assembly.

Picked up the 129 on the right with solid 48" deck last nite for $150. The mower on the left is the 128 I bought at portland this spring. The 129 I got last nite in shandon oh and the 128 have the same dealer stickers which I thought was cool.

90023.jpg

90024.jpg

90025.jpg

44 inch mowing deck question.

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between the 44-A and 44-C mowing deck? Will the same pulley cover fit both?

Thanks,

John-David Reaves

Still shaking the dust out of this computer after some MAJOR issues....

Original box?? Did somebody say "Original Box"?

Here's my good friend Kraig showing off the Original box I have at the place we found it. (i.e. before I brought it home....)
90028.jpg

If somebody has another one, I'd LOVE to see pictures!
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back