• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

No lamp wick. Just a bunch of what looked like thick cereal box cardboard.

I have an opportunity to get a 169. I intend on restoring it and using it for grass cutting and gardening. Are these good tractors or is the 149 just as good? Thanks

Stopped in Denver the other day to see and old friend and he had a little something for me he had picked up this summer at a sale.

64126.jpg

Makes you wish you had more friends like that.

64127.jpg

David G.

If your asking if the 169 is a good tractor...I didn't think that IH made anything but a good tractors
beerchug.gif

Matt H.

The metal bands around the gas tank do provide electrical grounding of the tank. The rubber pads between the tank and the support brackets are there to prevent direct metal contact between the two and keep the bracket from wearing a hole in the tank due to prolonged engine vibration exposure. Make sure that the rubber pads are between the tank support bracket and tank. The metal bands should go around the tank and under the support bracket flange.

I have the carb blues. The carb on my 128 works great now. The throttle shaft needs the multi layer washer kit and one screw was broke on the choke shaft plate. This carb says Carter Modern on the housing. Yeasterday, I visited my brother in PA who has a couple old wheel horses with Kohler power plants. He dog out a Walbro carb. From what I can see the only diff is the Walbro does not have a main mixture adjusting screw. Now for the question, is the walbro a good swap for my carter, or should I take the time to make repairs to mine?

Im about to finish up my 1450 restoration, I wanted to post some pics to show everyone.

64141.jpg
64142.jpg

And yes, I know I messed up the hood decal. I still have to install the engine and repair the chopped up wiring harness.

Richard C.
thumbsup_old.gif

Todd H,
IMHO, I would not put a Walbro on your tractor if you have the option of using a Carter.

Curtis P.
Well done, even if the decal is slighty slid to the back ot the tractor.
smile.gif

Thanks Charlie, I will make the repairs to my Carter. I was leary of the Walbro from the getgo, my brother was eager to give it to me and he wasnt running them on his wheel horses

Looking good Curtis!! Isn't it great what a lot of time and $$$ can do!!! Not to mention patience.
Shift.gif

Curtis P., looking good! Amazing transformation!
thumbsup.gif
What's the red decal? Is that a dealer decal or a Leinenkugel label?
dunno.gif

Richard C., very nice. Must be a very good friend!
beerchug.gif

Todd H: Rebuild the Carter!!!! The Walbro's were Cheap-Cheap to begin with and age hasn't improved them any!!

Go to your nearest Ace (or other) Hardware and buy/order 2 Hillman 58087 bronze thrust bushings. They will be found listed on page 97 of the Hillman Refillable Assortments Catalog. They fit down over the throttle shaft and tap them in to the recess at the top of the carb body. These will solve the worn/sloppy throttle shaft problem. Then install the standard Kohler Carb rebuild kit. Kohler also has those little ole screws available (separately I think). I know they come in the choke rebuild kit....See your nearest Kohler parts dealer. Cub Cadet likely also has them available, but will be more costly.

MyronB
CCSupplyRoom

Good morning all,

On my 122 I've noticed that a good portion of my steering slop comes from the front axle itself moving forward and back. I'm guessing the pivot pin or the hole in the axle itself may be getting sloppy, are there any common causes or cures for this? Any input on this would be appricated.

Just as a side note I have added new end links and had to tighten the stearing tube and the box to the frame. Although the box could use an upgrade its not too bad.

Thanks

Brian, first thing to do is tighten the channel back up that the axle is in. Over time it spreads apart. To do this you have to remove the axle and use a bolt and nut to close the channel back up, just don't go too far or it'll be tough to get the axle back in. Also while you have the axle out inspect the pivot pin for wear and replace if needed, which more then likely you'll need to replace it. There will likely be wear in the holes through the channel, not sure what the fix is for this, other then to perhaps weld plates on the outside of the channel (check for clearance before doing this) and redrill the holes. I doubt it'll be worn to the point that you'll need to do this though. A new axle pin and squeezing the channel back together should do the trick.

Brian, I should also mention that you'll want a washer between the nut and the channel to make it easier and so you don't chew up the channel when you tighten that down to squeeze it back together......

I have a Cub Cadet 100 and a 42" spring trip blade that I'm trying to mount up to it.

I think I have the wrong subframe. Does anyone have a narrow frame cub like mine with a spring trip blade that they can post a few pictures of? I'd like to know what an appropriate subframe for this tractor should look like.

Thanks!
-Russ

Back