• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through August 10, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David Johannes,

The healthy set screw you are talking about has what they refer to as a locking collar pin.

Once the set screw is loosened, the collar can be released with a drift punch. tapping it one direction or the other.

I hope others can chime in to explain removal .

The clutch in fact should have six set screws, two in each hole on the bearing alone, I believe they use a 1/8 Allan wrench.

By the way Welcome to the forum. South Africa is a pretty fair journey for a cub. [Just wonder the history how it got there.]

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

This is why you should never, ever, ever, EVER put Calcium Chloride in a tubeless tire.

168018.jpg

<font size="-2">I personally wouldn't be putting it in a tubed tire, either...</font>

Matt,can you restore that one??That's nasty!
I've got a question about my hour meter on the 1250,does the white needle move fast enough to see?I've got 12 volts at the connector and i assume the white needle will move the fastest.I did clean and grease the connections.
thanks

I've been looking at a NF hydro lift thats for sale but the owner says that it has a leaky shaft seal on the pump. I know some parts are pretty hard to find for these but is that one of them? I sure don't need to add another project like that to my list. I have enough already. lol.

jason davis - Thanks for the acknowledgment. I appreciate it!

Kraig McConaughey - Thank you to bud. It took longer then I thought to fix those rims but I sure feel better about 'em knowing they're clean and no sealant inside. Yes, another 40 years for sure.

Matt Gonitzke - Man, now I don't feel so bad about the front rim I had to salvage. I'll be waiting to see your after picture.
lol.gif

168021.gif

Kenneth

Michael-
In my opinion, the shaft seals for the Narrow Frame Hydraulic pumps are easy to get at your local parts store...

168027.jpg

But to get to the shaft seal, you're going to have to pull the canister off, and that large "canister-gasket" is NLA.

I had to make one from a sheet of 1/4" sheet-neopreme last winter...

168028.jpg

168029.jpg

And after all of that work, I didn't quite get it right, but the top 1/3 of the canister doesn't see much Hyd. fluid, so I just snipped out the extra material, glued the ends back together and made sure junction was at the highest point....NO leaks!

168030.jpg

Bottom line, it's not that big of a project, and really adds to the functionality of your tractor. (Not to mention, a working NF juice-lift is just WAY COOL!)
thumbsup.gif

Dawid;At the top of the page by the sponsor boxes is a FAQS link. Click on that then there you will find another link. CHARLIES FAQS. There you will find info about removing set screws in your pto. I think it is # 76.

well Ive got a story that made "my" day anyways i week or so ago i got a call from a guy to come look at some 70's he had started to restore, but lost interest and switched to power kings, so today i decided to go have a look for myself, i figured a least i would be able to get one tractor out of them because had used gears out of one already,when i found his house i knew it because there was tractors lining both sides of the road, we went to one of his 5 garages and there neglected, sitting in the corner was a torn apart original he started to tell me it was a model 70 when i quickly corrected him, anyways i ended up leaving with a complete original and parts original with 3 point and IH spring assist minus the motor... the funny thing was i had been looking for an original for a few months, funny how things can just fall into you lap!
beerchug.gif

i didnt have my camera with me but ill get pics tomarrow

Something really important that makes the forum run got broke....
clown.gif

Latest posts

Back