Archive through April 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Allen, I figured that was easier then trying to explain the floating PTO and mower deck center spindle pulleys...

hello guys i whent to danville pa plowday man was that a blast saw some really nice trators an had just a good time

I was wondering if the button to engage the front pto had to be the old fibre one or a brass one? Could I use something harder or would that create problems? I have to re-adjust my front pto and need to replace that button and had an idea to use a bolt, the kind with the rounded head that fits in a square hole. Just wanted to make sure it would be a good idea before I actually did it.

Scott, if it were me, I'd stay with either the stock fiber button or the brass style. You don't want to wear out the PTO center thrust button by using a material that's harder then the thrust button.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Does someone know of a link to a photo reisizer application?

Kraig, Scot
Not to mention steel on steel = SPARKS!!!

Brenden B.,
We have the same issue. Where to put a muffler??? I hadn't thought about the RV generator mufflers. I was also thinking about making my own muffler with a piece of 2" exhaust pipe. Slip in some type of baffling on each end and then neck the ends back down, it would work.

I like your drawing, when I first saw it, I thought it was real! I said to myself, "He Did It!" ... LOL... Then I realized it was a drawing. What a letdown! ROFL.

If you can locate a muffler you want to try, share some pics, I'd be curious what you find.

Paul, click here for MSWindows image software. It's free and not crippled.
beer2.gif

Brendan Brigham (Bbrigham) a great mind you have. the heat transfer works , ny 129 loader uses the stock muffler and some extra pipe lol. The cub works nice and the exhaust is under my right foot. later Don T
old.gif

150174.jpg

Paul:
A little simpler than Irfanview is "JPEG ReSizer 2.1" , also free, also not crippled. I've tried several and for quick resizing, I always come back to it.. You can get it here.. and that is I site I've never had a download or security problem with...

Brendan and Don ... you've been looking at Ford 9N/8N/2N exhaust...

Hey everyone,

I haven't been on here in a while. I have a 125 with a 10 hp engine (I know its not original). I have used this mower for about 8 years to cut about 2 acres of grass. I finally broke down and bought a new cub cadet 2 summers ago. My 125's engine is just getting wore out. It has been sitting in my shed all winter and I went to use it the other day and guess what, the transmission will not move. I am assuming that the cold winter has the valves stuck. I used it last year for moving a small boat around my yard and pulling a trailer to spread mulch. It never acted funny or anything. If you move the tractor, you can feel the resistance from the tranny. Any ideas guys????

WARNING - DANGER WILL ROBINSON! IH made International utility model tractors in the H & Super H size, models 300 & 350 Utility. Most over on the RPM forum say that on VERY hot days the foot rests will melt the rubber soles on shoes. So if You plan on running those longer exhausts in the summer I'd design in some heat shields.

WES - Once You get some Horse Power in those NF gear drives You won't want to run ANYTHING else! I got a 70 about like the top pic in the shop now except it has a REALLY tired K-1?1 and no fenders. Dad traded his Original for it in 1965 and when it becomes a "100" it will be my mowing tractor. I mowed thousands of acres of yard with it when I was young.

Brad
I am at work in Nebraska this week and forgot my personal mem stick. I will send them right to your email when I get home. Or maybe somebody else that has done this mod would nice enough to post their pics

Dennis...Good tip, I didn't think of the heat under there. I did plan to put a shield on the muffler so I'll add another to the plan.

Kendall...I haven't payed any attention to the Fords, I got the idea from my moms bf. His IH434 has the exhaust run underneath and it's a nice pleasant tone, especially in the woods.

Don..."a great mind you have."...dude...you're confused
lol.gif
but I appreciate the comment. Most of my little ideas are the result of countless hours of no sleep and extreme boredom at 3 or 4 AM.

Mike...Nope...not done yet. That drawing was only a 5min job. The graphics program I use, Piant.net, is pretty sweet. I could have done one that looked completely real but it would have taken me at least 4 hours to get it to look right. I mess around with that program quite a bit experimenting with ideas, Kraig ends up being on the receiving end of some of the logos I've done. Still working on one to send to Charlie but I can't seem to get one spot right. Your idea of the 2" pipe with a baffle might work well and would be real easy. A couple motorcycle catalogs I have had some baffles in there, might look through them again tonight. I don't think they were very expensive either. <font color="ff0000">This place</font> has a real nice selection of goodies to make a sweet custom exhaust. I'll be posting more pics when I get farther with it. I need to look at my mig tonight and see if there's anything I can do with it.

Dennis, seeing as how I have been unemployed since the end of February, not much will be done for a while if I fix one up. Now if I part them out,(which I hate doing), tear down may start this week. Money puts food on the table. I have a K241 out of a 100 sitting on my shelf that needs an overhaul. It is just how much do you spend to fix something up. I have a 149 that still needs a rebuild after the piston took the governor out and a 125 that needs an engine rebuild.

Brad Borchers (Bborchers) I have a shot here of the front spindle upgrade i did,Hope this will do and if not i can take a shot of them apart with just primer on them.I have to get back to the 129 loader paint but have a 30Ft 40 ft garden to plow and disk this week and a 1862 to put back together. so much to do.Later Don T
150180.jpg

this picture was taken when the loader was getting installed. hope this helps

Donald Tanner, Nice nice work! I see that loader is oooooooo diamond plate
crazy.gif

Todd M-
Sorry for getting in on the coulters late, if you follow the IHC Standards page (as I had scanned in and Scott re-posted), the results work quite well. One thing I found when I cut mine, don't radius the edge where the cuts intersect the diameter of the disc, this seemed to impact the feeding/cutting of trash under the blade.

I cut mine using a simple jig on a 2x12 in a drill press with a hole saw. I started with a new disc (purchased through a Deere dealer, couldn't find a Brinly/AgriFab source locally). Cutting the blade with a plasma torch may take some of the temper from the edge - any of my future attempts will be done on the water jet at work.

What kind of weight will my 129 pull? Reason I am asking... I want a cart/trailer for hauling stuff around including the cub with my truck. Instead of getting a big garden cart and a trailer for the road, can I just get the trailer and put a ball hitch on my cub and haul around something like a 4x7ish? I will be hauling a lot of wood around since our new place has two wood burners, just curious how the cub will manage with the loads. BTW I have a sleeve hitch on it now and a sleeve ball/pin hitch combo and the xtreme lower bracket.

Latest posts

Back