• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through April 18, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another fine day cutting grass with the Original. Cuts fantastic. Since we all like pictures I took this one when I finished today.

I noticed when I finished it was leaking gas from where the sedimant bowl screws onto the tank. I've taken the tank off and the bowl and cleaned it all up. Is teflon tape the best thing to use on the threads to keep it from leaking. I don't think there was anything on the threads at all

314173.jpg

Attachments

• 314173.jpg
    314173.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 314173.jpg
    314173.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 108
Mike S, I've used Teflon before, my 100 has some blue rtv I let dry before filling with gas. Didn't use much at all.

Dave, I think that's an old GM car coil, my buddy's dad had one on his 69 Chevelle. I miss that car!! Oops, getting off topic.

Don't worry Marlin, I'm sure you'll get a deluxe cab this year...

David - I've seen those Delco-Remy coils on some other CC's and that mounting bracket with the angled cuts on the bolt mounting areas. I do think the coil and mounting bracket are pre-104 tho, more of the Original or 70/100 era, but I've got no evidence - just what I've seen. Do you have the matching Delco-Remy condenser to go with it?

Thad - Charlie mentioned making sure the drain back hole in the breather is down when you re-install it. There is another drain back hole in the block, at the bottom inside next to the valve tappet. This is where the oil drains back into the case. Make sure this little hole is open as well.

If this doesn't address your oil burning then you likely have a worn rings and/or piston problem. I never really liked just replacing the rings but it ain't all that hard. Always thought it was more of a Band-Aid fix but might give you a few years of less oil burning.

Mike S - sure is a pretty setting, your home and the Original in front.

Mike S.
Great pic and I have to agree with you on the quality of a cut that the old timed deck does on the Originals. The only deck that I've found that is just as good is the 60" Haban on the SGT's.
thumbsup.gif
(but the Originals are much more fun to mow with)
OK get ready for the comments to fly. LOL
snacks.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 115
  • snacks.gif
    snacks.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 116
What kind of battery do you guys use in a k241 motor. I've got a 104 no headlights on it. I picked up a exide 350cca . Anyone put a motorcycle battery in there old cub cadet .

David S,

If the coil checks good, strip off the paint, tape up the top and paint it yellow.
I believe you could shine up the top with a piece of Scotchbrite.

Marlin,

I can't remember the belts on the cubs being painted. I wasn't born yet!
lol.gif

Anybody have a pair of binoculars so I can get a better look at Michael's cub?
biggrin.gif

Nice place Michael!

Got my package from Charlie today, Yeeehah!
A big THANKS Charlie! Thanks for the extra goodies you put in too.
groupwave.gif
thumbsup_old.gif

Just in case anybody may not know, or hasn't checked out the icons at the top of the page, (Yes, you can actually click on them!) Charlie is at the top under CCSpecialties.
He can get you almost anything. And almost all the parts are genuine Cub Cadet!

His shipping is so fast, it almost gets to your house before you order it!
bubbly.gif

Attachments

• groupwave.gif
    groupwave.gif
    15.9 KB · Views: 119
  • bubbly.gif
    bubbly.gif
    9 KB · Views: 127
  • thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 115
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 114
  • lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 114
Michael S. Nice picture.
happy.gif

Marty G. One of the bad things of being my age is I'm actually starting to have memory lapses. It sometimes takes a little longer to remember some things. One of the neat memories is being able to take a magneto off an F20 to work on it, then accidentally crank it. There is 360* of possibilities when setting it.

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 122
Marlin,

They say when you are put to sleep for surgery you lose some of your short term memory.
There may be some truth to that, because my short term memory is not all that good now days.

It's either that or breathing all that yellow and white paint!
err.gif

Guess I will just have to deal with it, because I'm not going to quit painting any time soon.
ihrotate.gif

Attachments

• err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 123
  • ihrotate.gif
    ihrotate.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 116

Latest posts

Back