• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

4 wheelers

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tturner

displayname
Tyler Turner
Just wondered how many people out there have ATV's. Right now I have a Honda Foreman 4X4. I am getting ready to buy a new Rancher 350 4x4 down in Union City Tn. Has anyone ever dealt with them?? They sell $10 over invoice!!!! I can get a $5200 machine for $4089, WOW!! Thanks for any info on the dealer.

2 years later someone answers back. I had a honda 250x atc, a 250r atc and now I have a suzuki lt185 atv.

Tyler- You willl like the Rancher 4x4, we use them at work for soil sampling and have found that they are the most dependable machine on the market. Plus they are fun to stand on end on occassion.

Hugh S..."most dependable"??? Not necessarily. My 1999 Polaris Diesel 4x4 has never hesitated to get up and go or go anywhere I wanted to go, not to mention, while I haven't tried just that, I suspect it can still out pull any other two put together....:)-}>...The only drawback...it sounds like a diesel. You definitely know when I'm passing by.

Myron B

For a awesome 4x4 a Honda 300 Fourtrax is top of the heap...we had one on the farm and once the work was done I climbed about any hill, crossed about any ditch just generally rode it hard...I couldn't kill it, my brother did when he got it though he never did the maintenance to keep it in shape though. My cousin has a 2005 Rincon with Hondamatic tranny and he rides wheelies on it, but he's about 6'7 and weighs 280 or so......lol

Myron that maybe the case where you are but take your Polaris bouncing across diagonally "V" ripped fields and it won't hold up like a Honda!!!! The carb on a gas Polaris is mounted by a plastic pos that cann't handle abuse and use.

Hugh..Hmmmm that's curious. I have a son that is a land surveyer. His gas Polaris is used in the wildest terrain in Texas daily and it is not true that they won't hold up...They darn well do. Of course the magic word is abuse...Since, like me, he had to pay for it himself, he takes care of it and the Polaris takes care of him..Anybody can tear up the company's equipment if you don't care...This is not a Polaris ad. They are good reliable machines and there are others but I was responding to the comment the brand X was the most reliable... reliable, well maybe.. but "most" - NO!

Myron B

Polaris are ok, anything will tear up without maintenance or lack of common sense in use the early polaris were the only ones I heard negative feedback on they had trouble with the belt drive system when crossing water. Long as it takes you where you want to go and does the job you need done...go with what suits you.

Myron - I'd take that pos plastic and carb off that diesel b4 you have trouble !
whistling.gif

Uh Huh...Right...sure....Them diesel carbs are probably real fragile...
bouncy.gif
. I'll take a good look...

Myron

Tyler - Guy up the road has a water cooled Rancher. He's now thinking of how to put metal plates on the foot boards because a stick punched through the plastic (missed the drain hole by 1/2") and would have went through his wife's calf if she had not had her foot over to the side.

Hugh, Honda has always made excepional machines but don't ever under estimate what Polaris has. I used to race the western NY hare scramble series on motor cycles. Befor they set us bikes free, we would all watch the atv's. Polaris will hold up to anything the best Honda can do. I have had alot of atv's my favorite being the Yamaha Banshee but would love to have a Polaris. Myrons not jokin about his Polaris out pulling two Hondas or what ever, they will. I hunt with some guys that have Polaris 4x4s and they will go places the Honda, Susuki, or Yamaha won't or can't. Not advertising for them, just talking from experiance, my next 4x4 will be a Polaris.
I've already had the rest.

Bren

My Buddy bought the BIG Polaris 4X4 ATV about 2 yrs ago....800 CC....no carb....it's EFI...He has the front snow blade for it....50" I think..He's got to modify the blade....make it taller...He hasn't been able to spin a tire with it yet pushing snow. He has noticed that since He stopped letting His SON run his ATV's the $$$$ spent on repair parts has dropped to almost $0.

Kraig,
So, if I read your picture right, you're saying that a Ford will pull away from both a CAT and a Deer? Or is it that a CAT will keep going when a Ford turns its tail and a Deer just lays down and dies?

Bruce, I'd have to go with your second one, but I assure you that deer did not just lay down and die.
happy.gif
The Arctic Cat 4x4 belonged to my father and that's the last deer he shot. Photo is from Nov. 2004.

Jason, Thanks. I hunt deer with a rifle. Used a Marlin 336C in .30-30 for years and last year switched to a Browning A-bolt in .30-06. I've been meaning to start bow hunting for years. I have a decent compound bow (an older Alpine that I picked up from one of my cousins) but never get enough time to practice and I will NOT hunt with it until I have practiced a bunch. I'm hopeful that this will be the year I bow hunt!
happy.gif
I used to do a lot of rough grouse and pheasant hunting but have not had time to do that in recent years.
sad.gif
I have hunted elk in Colorado 3 times (1982, 1989 and 2001). My second time out I shot a decent 5x5, would love to go out more often but it is too expensive for me to justify.

Here in IL, we can't rifle hunt deer. I don't really get into shotgun or muzzleloader after almost 16 years of bowhunting, a gun seems like cheating. I agree with you on the practice, and if you get the chance to take a whitetail w/a bow you will be hooked...and duck hunting is 10 times as bad of an addiction.....lol

O.K.,we're drifting here,but;bowhunting is great,turkey hunting is a true addiction,bowhunting for turkey is a true challenge;and using a recurve for bowhunting for turkey is INSANE! Give it a try!
clappy.gif

Latest posts

Back