• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

3206 Hydro

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bcorn

displayname
Ben P. Corn
Our hospitals 3206 has died!!! Rats. Anyway the Hydro just quit. I have changed the charge pump (i think that is what you call it) rear of the hydro unit. It was bad.

Anyway added fluid started tractor up the shaft going thru the hydro unit to the charge pump is turning fine but the tractor will still not move. Also the power steering is dead, and all hydraulic lifts are not working.

Need help here we use this tractor a lot and I am not leaving my 1650 here for the "outside" man to use. And I mean NO WAY!!!!!!

Pops

Ben, I would pull the charge pump back off and double check it. that should be your problem, but i dont understand why the new one didnt fix your problem unless there is a problem with the new one.

Eric: Could there be air lock in the Hydro pump? My outside man ran the unit with out fluid in the rearend.

I understand somewhat how the old hydro units work but having problems figuring out what the hydro to charge pump correlation is!

Also I did change the oil filter thinking that thing might be plugged.

Thank you very much with any advice you give.

Ben

Pops, here's a link to a service manual for the old Hydrostatic transmission pump, perhaps there will be some useful information in there for you.

Hydrostatic Service Manual

And here's a link to the service manual for the 86-1650 that also have some useful Hydrostatic service info.

86-1650 Service

Ben,
Pull the charge pump again, if he ran it without fluid it could be trashed already, it dont take a lot without lube. I have not seen one air lock yet and I have many charge pumps on 3000 series tractors.

Kraig - you don't by any chance have a similar link to hydro service on my 1720 do you?

Graeme, I looked through all my info for you a while back and came up empty handed on 1720 service info. Sorry.

Just an update on the 3206. I finally got time to rebuild the charge pump again still having problems so after investigation I realized the tow valve was not fully engaging so I cleaned that area up got it to loosen up and engage disengage. All of sudden the pumps and everything started to work.

Of course I about ran over my foot but pretty happy with the accomplishment.

Thanks to all that helped!!!!!

Pops

Back