• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2140 vs. 2145

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cdecker

displayname
Chris Decker
I have been the very happy owner of a 2145 hydro drive since 1995. Recently, I found a used 2140, 6-speed for my father but have some questions abuot the transmission. The 6-speed does not hold on a hill, up or down, if you let your foot off the forward pedal. My 2145 hydro will keep the tractor from free-wheeling. Is this a problem with the tractor or typical for the 6-speed? Also, there appears to be a significant oil leak on the rear-end. Is this related or a separate issue? Thanks, Chris

Latest posts

Back