• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2086 Info?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Folks - This is my first post, so bear with me if I've done something dumb already. I've searched this site for hours to see if my question might already be answered, but couldn't find anything. Anyhow, here it is. Can anyone tell me why the Kohler M18 in my 1541 is only 15 horsepower according to the owners manual, and 18 horsepower according to the Kohler manual. (And also 18 HP according to the all-knowing local Kohler dealer.) The Cub manual lists the bore, stroke and displacement, which is identical to what's listed in the Kohler M18 manual, only the HP is different. If you can help, thanks in advance.

Ed K.-

Welcome to the forum! More than likely the tractor was marketed as a 15 h.p. tractor to compete with similar models made by other companies. They really had an 18 though.

Thanks Matt - I'd love to know the approximate weight of the 1541. Compared to the old Allis Chalmers, it seems like it's carved out of a solid block of iron.

Ed, 909lbs.

74674.jpg

Been awhile since I've posted in the forum but I wanted to post an update on my 2086... (Some may recall that I had posted about making rear rear weights) Well I ended up buying some used CC wheel weights for about $60. They are the plastic style filled with concrete and weigh 76 lbs each. Along with chains and my trusty milk crate (filled with about 60 lbs of rocks), I've had great traction with the snowblower this winter. Here are some pics:
80158.jpg

80159.jpg

80160.jpg

80161.jpg

80162.jpg

Back