• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

2086 Info?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmessersmith

displayname
David Messersmith
I just purchased a Cub Cadet 2086 (still waiting to pick it up!) and was looking for info on what years they were produced and what model snow blower and snow blade fits. Any help or comments are welcome. Thanks!

Dave,
They were built in 1996 & 1997.
As far as what fits it, click on the Cub Cadet parts lookup above, enter in the Model number and you will have access to all the attachments that fit it.
thumbsup.gif

I brought my 2086 home yesterday. It was dark before I got home so I didn't get to play with it much. I did mow a few strips through the yard.. the grass was wet but it seemed to perform well.

The PTO switch isn't working as it should. If you just flick it on at low to medium throttle the engine quits. So you need to rev the engine and give a little choke before hitting the PTO switch. Any ideas what might be wrong with it?

I managed to pick up a 451 snowblower for it yesterday as well. Here are some pics. I'll try to get better ones in daylight.

url]

url]

url]

url]

Fender Flares ;)

Dave - MTD told me to engage my PTO (2166) at WOT. I don't like the sudden load shock but they said at less throttle it would rip the belt. Still going with no problems @ 4 years old.

Thanks Ken. It just seems like there is something wrong for the engine to die when engaging the PTO.

My previous mower was an old early 70's Sears ST/10 so this is quite a step up in size and performance. I have not driven a hydrostatic since I was a kid so it will take some getting used to. I suspect there will be a few times when my left foot slams the brake thinking it is a clutch disengagement!

Mine dies if I engage the PTO before the engine is warmed up. It may stumble a little after it's warm but it doesn't kill it. That's a good looking ride ya got there.
Power steering ... some guys got it made ;)

Ken,

I had a chance to run my 2086 last night for a few hours (a little mowing, a little playing) and the PTO engagement worked fine after the engine warmed up. I could engage the mower even at medium RPM's without any problems. Makes me feel a lot better
bubbly.gif

Here are a few daylight "glamour" shots:

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

url]

Dave, that is one nice looking tractor!
drool.gif
Way back in 1995 I wanted the diesel version in the worst way.

69301.jpg

69302.jpg

Dave, I need to find time to scan the rest of it. If/when I get it scanned, would you like me to send the files to you?

Kraig I'll take a copy too... when you get time ;)
<font size="-2">(wish I had a round TUIT button)</font>

Dave, KENtucky, I got a round tuit last night
buttrock.gif
and got the brochure scanned. Can you handle a 6.1MB zip file?
dunno.gif

Kraig,

Thank you very much for scanning and posting the brochure. I really enjoyed reading it.

How many hours on your 2086? Mine has only 500 hours. Were you able to find your snowblower nearby?

Back