• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1782 Questions

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fmorski

Stumbled across a 1782 today. Has not run in 3-4 years due to bad glow plugs. Is sitting in a barn with flat tires and hood off.
Owner indicated that it needs glow plugs. On 3rd or 4th set. Supposedly the relay was changed each time.
Is the D640 kubota diesel hard on the plugs?
He wants to sell, but won't name a price. If it is reasonable, I want to acquire it, even though it is not the same as a 782D. Has the 60" deck and only 869 hours on the meter.
Will that long idle period mean that the pump may need rebuilding and the injectors reman'ed?

Frank M: That D640 is basically the same engine as the D600 in the 782D. Just a few more cubes & hp...If it's eating glow plugs, he's using the wrong ones or there is some other problem in the electrical system....even using the wrong fuel can cause this....Who knows what the PO was doing....If the price is right, correct glow plugs, an electrical circuit diagram the correct fuel, and doing it "by the book", you should be ok...just my $.02...

Myron B

Myron:
Thanks;
That was some of my thoughts. I have had a lot of diesel engines with glow plugs. The only one I had problems with was an old International TD-340 Dozer. You had to hold the button down to activate the glow plugs and it was easy to burn them out by holding the button down too long.
I am not sure what they used for fuel.
This guy has two Farmall cubs also and another brand,not green of garden tractor. I may make him a combined offer. The two Farmall cubs are in decent shape, but stored outside. Cub Diesel and other tractor are inside.
I will let him set for a few days and then give him a visit with the trailer hooked up. That always helps drive home the point that I am serious about buying something. Sellers don't like to see it leave empty because that means their pocket is likewise EMPTY.

Cub 1782 wire harness question. A few of my plug ends are rotted and fell apart. I was wondering if someone knows where I can get new ends or a new harness. Maybe someone can rebuild it for me. Any answers or help would be appreciated.

Latest posts

Back