• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1711 carburetor

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rswartz

displayname
Randy Swartz
I'm not sure whether I have a Kohler or Walbro carb on my 1711. Anyone???

According to the Parts lookup, it could be one of 2 options and both look to be Kohler carbs to me.
The 1711 is pretty much the same as a 782.
305435.jpg

It's probably supposed to have a Kohler carb, but who knows what somebody's done since it left the factory.

If it is a Walbro it will say Walbro on the side. Also, the main jet in a Walbro is short, and long in a Kohler carb.

Got a picture?

Thanks, Charlie. I had already looked at the parts schematic, but still couldn't come to a conclusion. My carb only has 2 adjusting screws. I don't think it has any writing on the side.

Then it's not a Walbro.
thumbsup.gif

Look inside the throat from the outside in and see if it has a number at the top inside.
That will tell you for sure.

I was wrong guys. I did find Walbro cast into the side of it. Can't figure out why it only has 2 adjusting screws. All schematics I have seen show 3.

I'll say it again, can you post a picture of what you have?

If I remember correctly, the early Walbro carbs have idle and high speed mixture adjustments, plus a idle speed adjustment. The later ones have a fixed main jet, so so only idle speed and mixture adjustment screws. Sounds like you have the latter.

Here's a pic of my carb. Besides "Walbro" being cast into the side of it, I also found "WHC".
Let me know what you guys think.

305698.jpg

It appears that is the later version of that carb with the fixed main jet. If you go in the parts lookup and search for an 1811 or 1862 you will probably find the same carb.

Edit: Or a better idea would be to get either a #26 Kohler carb, or KT-17 series I carb and replace it. I'm pretty sure you can use the throttle and choke shafts from the Walbro on a #26 carb.

Latest posts

Back