• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

1512D Troubles

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkopishke

displayname
Matthew Kopishke
My father has a CCC 1512 which is the same tractor as the IH 782D. I posted on the main board a few days ago about the PTO shaft coming off the fly wheel. Well, we got that fixed (ended up rotating and drilling new holes) but found some other problems along the way the biggest of which is some up and down play in the crankshaft... We noticed that the oil pressure isn't what it used to be, now we know why, the mains are probably toast.

This things has A LOT of hours on it, the hour meter never worked but a few minutes with some scratch paper put it conservatively at 4000 + hours (most likely 5000 + or so).

So the question is, is it worth rebuilding? The guy at the Kubota dealership says it's not, the parts are not always easy to find and are almost always very pricey. I've also read a few posts on the web that back that up.

The other option would be to repower with another D600, if we could find one (there's two on eBay right now but who knows how they are) or maybe even a gas burner.

The thing still runs and makes good power so the top end is probably OK, but who knows how long that's going to last.

The other option is to cut his losses and get a new Z-Turn job.

Any ideas?

Matt

Matt K...I've found that every time I mention the D600 in my 782D to a Kubota dealer, they act like I had the plague...Find yourself an independent rebuilder and see what they tell you.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Is there such a thing as third party parts for Kubota motors?

I guess what I'm asking is even if the Kubota people don't want to touch it will the price of parts put us in the poor house anyway.

Try engine rebuilder from Oakes, ND. They don't list the D600 in thier catalog, but probably can help you. They do hundreds of Kubota engines for BOBCAT skid steers. Also they carry, Ford, Case, New Holland, Perkins, Mitsubishi and Wisconsin Engines.

Ring them at 1-800-884-6351 or try www.engreb.com

So a lot has happend over the summer but now the 1512D is mine.

So I'm going to tear into the D600 as soon as my engine stand gets here. I was pretty happy to find out that all the bearings (mains, thrust & rod) plus a set of rings came to about 300 bucks. I don't know what the gaskets & seals are going to run me but as long as they're not to outragious it doesn't seem like it's going to be too bad on the wallet.

I'm just praying that the crank isn't messed up, just slapping std bearings in there would make my day.

Well, I found out what was wrong with the D600-B. Spun bearing, really chewed up the bearing carrier and also did a job on the crank pin but not as bad as it could have been.

Now I need to figure out what the machine cost would be and also find out what the carrier costs.

Besides that the engine is is great shape, the cylinder walls almost zero wear. Also, a pretty easy engine to break down as crazy as that sounds. It took less time to get it to a bear block then my K341!

41281.jpg

Matt now you need to put a turbo on it like the one I am putting in my 982TD project.Look in the hott rodding section for pics.It has a really good torbo whistle now to get more fuel through the injectors.It has to smoke more tham Travis's when I get done with it.

Sorry guys, didn't see your reply.

It RUNS! It took way more time then I had hoped but what else is new. New bearings, rings, a little machine work and I'm back in business. It took a little tinkering to get it to run but just a few days ago it fired up.

The rebuild wasn't bad, they really built that engine well. It's just a matter of breaking it in now. It smokes a little bit more then it did before the rebuild but I think that will clean up when things seat.

Turbo, Ummmm....

Latest posts

Back