• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Towing

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dhuber

displayname
Dennis Huber
A friend wants me to work on his 125. On the side it says not to tow. Is there a safe way to tow it?
Thanks,
Dennis in Maine

Dennis, this belongs on the main Forum. But on the right side(usually)is a lever that releases the hydraulic system enough so that the tractor can be pushed very slowly. Often the release plate is broken off. Your gotta have wait for other members to suggest ways to move it.

I am assuming you need to move it from a remote location in a yard. The release lever is there to allow you to roll the tractor a short distance and SLOWLY. For example moving it around inside your garage. 20mph runs across the yard behind an ATV would NOT be good for it. If you must tow it across the yard, do so SLOWLY, keep the speed down, no faster then walking speed would best and don't move it any farther then you need to. If you could raise the rear end off of the ground with a tractor and loader and tow it that way it would be best, this is what I usually do, but I realize not everyone has a loader tractor available. If you could place dollies under the rear wheels to move it on, or even load it onto a small trailer that would be better then towing.

Back