• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Towing with a half-ton truck...

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've pulling trailers with a 1/2 ton Suburban(s) since 1994. First 1/2 ton Suburban was 1989 4X4. Last 10 years it was a two wheel drive 1999 Suburban. I have 2 trailers that I use the hitch set up on. One is a 30 foot camper and the other is a 16 X 7 foot cargo trailer. Max load for both trailers is 7000 pounds. I use a load distribution hitch and sway bars.
238105.jpg

238106.jpg

I purchase this hitch set up new in 1983.

I use the same hitch set up on both trailers. I can control the the amount of weight transfered to my Suburban by using a different chain link(s) depending on the hitch weight. I prefer to have my heavier Cub Cadets to the front of the trailer. You will have less sway problems.

I have used air shocks, heavy duty gas filled shocks and overload coiled spring/shock on the rear. I had problems with air lines and air bag leakage. The overload coiled spring/shock worked the best for me.

Latest posts

Back