• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

People, Places, and things of IH history

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thoffman

displayname
Tom Hoffman
After a tip from Steve "B" about the IHC branch house in Peoria and going ot a auction at the IH/Hough plant in Libertyville, Ill. on Saturday, I thought it would be neat to post some of your local things of IH history. Lets see what you have! Now to the resize program....................

32440.jpg

IH plant in Peoria.

Neat, isn't it Tom?!?!?!?

Our main gas facility is right across Washington St. from that building and it always gets me thinking about how much IH iron went thru that place every time I look over and see those brick walls.

OK, here's the story. The Frank Hough Company was in the buz of making loaders for various make of tractors. IH bought out the Frank Hough Co. and basicly jumped into the construstion buz. I'm not sure of the date, but will look into it and find out. The next series of pix are from last week at the auction at the Libertyville, IL. plant.

Early Hough dozer on a McCormick-Deering T-20. taken in 1934.
32478.jpg

Kinda' a living history picture of a Hough loader. Note the IH on the rear, Hough, side decal with a Dresser logo on top of it. Dresser was bought out by Komatsu.
32480.jpg

I promised Tom a repost...

Some pics taken by our closest dealer in Crystal Lake in Harrisburg, PA - the results of tropical storm Agnes in the '70s...

32498.jpg

32499.jpg

32500.jpg

Talk about flotation tires
lol.gif

Finally got some time to get these pix on here. Here is a shot of the maintainance building. Kinda' dark, but......
32782.jpg

Here's one of the plant carts. Not the IH box on the wall behind.
32784.jpg

Went to a Antique store not to far from me a few months ago and found this. This is the local IH dealership I went to as a kid. Well worth the $10. in my book!
32841.jpg

Diggin' around my box of pictures of the full sized tractor I used to have I came upon this. Don't know where I got it from, but........... Here's A.J. Firnbach's
ihrotate.gif
dealership from Buffalo Grove , Illinois. Populating at that time was 3 digits.
32843.jpg

Back