• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Osceola, Wisconsin Plow Day photos 4-17-2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
On Saturday April 17, 2010, several miles south of Osceola, WI, there was a small Plow Day put on as a fund raiser for the local FFA. Limited to pre 1959 farm tractors. Seeing that the guys that put it on are/were student's at the school where Art Aytay teaches, he was able to get a few of us local garden tractor guys in even though our tractors were post 1959. Seeing that it was their first time putting on a plow day they wanted to keep it small to see how it went. Now that they've had a taste, next year it could be opened up to more GTs. I brought my Original and plowed two rounds then parked it and took video and photos.

Art, if I got any of that info wrong, please correct it.
blush.gif

Here's a few photos.

188754.jpg

Brian Albrecht and Art Aytay.

188755.jpg

Al Zimmerman, Art Aytay and Brain Albrecht.

188756.jpg

188757.jpg

188758.jpg

188759.jpg

My Original K4K at it's first Plow Day.
happy.gif
I was surprised that even with the turf treads on the back I didn't have any traction problems.
happy.gif
happy.gif

188760.jpg

188761.jpg

Art trying out a Farmall 200.

188762.jpg

I think Art liked the Farmall 200.

188763.jpg

Art trying out a JD 50.

188764.jpg

Compare Art's expression while on the JD 50 to the expression while on the Farmall 200. A photo is worth a 1,000 words...
ihrotate.gif

Nice Pics, looks like it was a wonderful day !!!

I saw Brian loading up when I brought my daughter to school to catch the bus to her softball tournament. Sure the softball watchin' was fun but I was wishing I was plowing!

Vince, it was quite nice out, a bit windy but nice.

More photos:

188770.jpg

188771.jpg

188772.jpg

188773.jpg

188774.jpg

188775.jpg

188776.jpg

188777.jpg

188778.jpg

Kraig-
I'd say you got all of that info correct. Thanks for being there, it was a great time.

Here are some of my photos. This one looks familiar.
happy.gif

188824.jpg

188825.jpg

188826.jpg

My "little helper" came along to this PD. She tried plowing for the first time and loved it! (Hence the "wanted" ad for another plow.)

188827.jpg

The Plow Special actually spent most of the day as more of a chase-vehicle than a plow rig. It's OK... I was in "proud papa" mode anyway...
happy.gif

188828.jpg

Here's a picture of Rick. He's one of the GREAT guys who dreamed up this fun day!

188829.jpg

Then one of my students wanted to take the Plow Special for a spin in the furrow...

188830.jpg

I said
shame.gif

So he took the 100 and didn't seem to mind!
happy.gif

188831.jpg

Has Kraig EVER quit smiling since he got K4K ?
If that M had rear duals it'd be the one we had at the farm.

Art - I see a PINK Plow Special<sup>©</sup> v2 in your future !

KENtucky, I've been smiling so much that my beard fell off.
old.gif

I think this guy found it and then some:

188872.jpg

Funny you mention a pink Plow Special, after Art's daughter did some plowing, she was asking if he could paint one pink for her.
roflol.gif

Ken-
You must have known my daughter in a past life or something. Everything she owns just HAS to be pink!

It's funny too, because I'm normally pretty forgiving of her love of all things PINK. But when she asked me about painting a tractor "that color", without hesitating I said "NO!!!".

roflol.gif

Art, I could see NO to the tractor but come on buddy, you could do one plow
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

KENtucky, I was standing there when she asked about painting a tractor pink. Art's not kidding. With absolutely NO hesitation whatsoever, he firmly said "NO!!!"
lol.gif

Kraig-
I'll put it this way.. There will NEVER be a pink tractor on MY trailer. Any questions?
wink.gif

Dave might be onto something with this talk of a PINK plow. You know how girls like to "accessorize".
roflol.gif

<font size="-2">Before anybody makes fun of THAT concept, remember I'm doing everything I can to get an 11-year old girl interested in PD!</font>

Then you'll need pink wheel weights and sleeve hitch as well. Then there's a front weight bracket that'll have to be pink with a full set of pink suitcase weights. Sure go ahead and try to have them
banned1.gif
from your trailer. She's your daughter, how can you refuse.
fence.gif

Art's such a TIGHT WAD he wont even buy a quart of pink paint ... he'll probably give her pink sunglasses and tell her to come out and look at her new pink tractor.

There's laws against child cruelty and I think she should have her own pink cub !

Art, accessorizing can be fun, something for both of you to do together. I feel honored to be here (kinda) with you at the begining of a new chapter of your relationship with your daughter.
PS, A pink plow would almost certainly require pink wheel and front wieghts. <font size="-2">just trying to help
happy.gif
</font>

My good friend Vince showed up earlier this week with a plow for my Little Buddy..... Well, it was more of a "plow kit". I sure hope all of the pieces are there!
happy.gif

189129.jpg

Latest posts

Back