• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Onan 19.5-982 engine problem

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kducmanas

displayname
Kestutis Ducmanas
Has anyone come across oil blowing threw the oil breather on a 19.5 horizontal twin after engine run for 15min? rebuilt motor 4years ago started this problem early spring? tried almost everything.Any Ideas??

Kestutis:

First, welcome to the Forum.
46590.jpg

I do not have an Onan. But I would suggest and suspect maybe a "breather" problem with the crankcase. Check into your Service Manual for this item.

Hi Kestutis: To add to what Roland said, this engine has an oil by-pass valve which puts the excess oil back in the crankcase when the oil pressure exceds 30 psi. Check page 1-21 of the Onan Engine Service manual (IH publication GSS 1484-2) for details and procedures.

Myron Bounds
CCSupplyRoom

Well I'll tell you something.I just overhauled an onan last week.It would smoke alittle for 2min and quit for 10 min and smoke again.I was told that it had vacuum leak.Replace the o-ring at the bottom oil tube, and also at the top,don't forget to check rubber hose which operates the fuel pump from vacuum off the engine.Put a vacuum gage on the engine while its running.Try That

Back