• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Old Rockford lathe

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elincoln

displayname
Edward H Lincoln
Bruce got this lathe with some tooling for free. It was in a barn in Covinton, Wa, it took about 3hrs to clean up around it, put rollers under it, and drag it on a trailer. It will probably sit in my garage until he adds on to his garage. It supposed to weigh about 3500#. It was 3phase but has a converter to 220. It says Rockford Economy Lathe mfd by Rockford Machine Tool Company.
257315.jpg

Edward-

That is an incredible find for free. I've been thinking about trying to find a lathe because I enjoy fabricating steel so much but they are always too expensive. I don't want a Chinese unit and old ones like you found are rare...especially the free ones.

Edward / Bruce, WAY COOL! and priced right too!

Can't go wrong and all you need to do now is keep your eyes open for tooling.

I've got a 9X30 Clausing that I picked up for scrap price from a factory that was closing, I did get some tools but always need / want more right?!?!? LOL..

I used a lathe like that at McDonnell Douglas. Most were Cincinnati lathes but there was a couple that looked like this one. I miss being a machinist but I don't miss working... Anyway nice lathe all you need is a mill and a jigbore now and you have a shop to make anything you want.

The old woman that lived there passed away several months ago and none of the family members wanted it.

Back