• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

New Dash and Gauges for IH 782

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rbertalotto

displayname
Rberrtalotto
While all the body panels are drying.....Gave them two coats of IH Red from Tractor Supply.....

IMG_20200429_153302878.jpg

I decided to start mounting the 2" gauges I bought from Summit Racing....https://www.summitracing.com/parts/bgs-fst-8208 ....$39

bgs-fst-8208_ml.jpg

I fabricated a new sub panel out of ABS textured plastic to mount all three....Wasn't needed until I was cutting the center hole and the hole saw jumped in my drill press and damaged the panel....UGH!!!!

IMG_20200430_130401225.jpg

Not sure how I'm going to use the TEMPERATURE gauge. Not sure how the pickup works. Any suggestions would be appreciated......

Exhaust temp? Oil Temp? Just strap it somewhere on the engine for general operating temperature?

Getting close to be done!

I figured out how the temperature sender works. It just a mechanical probe. I put my heat gun on it and it registered instantly. I think I'm just going to fabricate a bracket to hold it against the exhaust manifold or if that temp is too high, i'll mount it down after the muffler.

That temperature will almost certainly be too high.

The most useful reading would be oil temperature if you could find a suitable sending unit.

"The most useful reading would be oil temperature...."

Perhaps you could add some fittings to the drain-plug area (like a "T") and insert the unit's probe there... That would give you true engine temp.

Perhaps you could add some fittings to the drain-plug area (like a "T") and insert the unit's probe there... That would give you true engine temp.

PERFECT! That's exactly what I will do. I knew you folks would come through! I'll make an adapter on the lathe.

Looks good so far man, can't wait to see the finished product! Just picked up a 1282 yesterday and getting ready to do the same thing. Did you use spray can paint???

I bought the paint at Tractor Supply...IH Red Majic Paint.
First coat I thinned the paint and sprayed it. But I couldn't get my old spray gun to work well and it left a suede type finish.....The gun was spitting more that sparying....After 24 hours and COMPLETELY dry, I sanded lightly with 220 grit paper and used the same paint in Rattle Cans to recoat. Came out MUCH better! Still some orange peel, but good enough for a 40 year old tractor. Had I spent more time and stripped all the old paint, it would have come out MUCH better. Prep is 75% of a good paint job.

Latest posts

Back