• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Narrow front wheels and tires For 2138 cub?

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rporter

displayname
Rich Porter
I am looking for information on what size Narrow wheels and tires I can buy to put on my LT 2138 heavy duty. On sharp turns, the wide front tires tear up the grass, I'm thinking the narrow,rounded tires like I have on my 127 cub might be better. Any thoughts? Thanks,RichP

Rich.
What size spindle does your 2138 have and what size tires are curently on your 2138?

Lonny,The spindles are 3/4 inch and the front tires are 16x6.00x6 . Got any ideas? Rich

The key thing that will determine what you can put on is the length of the spindle and how much clearance your gonna have with another size.
Most older Cubs have 3" long spindles.
If yours has that, the sky is the limit as long as nothing interferes with the turning radius.

Rich.
I would look for a set of 6" rims off the old IH lawn mowet/tractor series.
I know they will fit on the IH garden tractor spindles without any problems, but not sure about how well they will fit on the newer MTD cubs.

Latest posts

Back