• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Model Comparison

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kortman

displayname
Kent Ortman
Hi All. After lurking over here for several years and buying Ken's book I think I have a pretty good grasp on the IH made Cub Cadet's and how they compare to the brand I collect (yeah, I'm from over on the "green" side of the fence). I know pretty much nothing about the post-IH made ones though. Anyway, I was wondering what the CCC/MTD tractors would be that would have been direct competitors to the JD 318 I now own. Since the 318 was made from 1983-1992 I guess that would be the years I am asking about. As for features, I would consider the 318 a medium frame garden tractor, 18hp Onan, air cooled, shaft drive to the hydro trans, two spool remote hydraulic lift, steering brakes, hydrostatic power steering, 38"-46"-50" mower decks and available with Cat 0 3pt hitch and 2,000 RPM rear PTO. Also, would Oscar's new book cover newer models like this in detail similer to Ken's book on the IH made Cub's? If so, I'll have to add his book to my library.

Thanks, Kent

The comparable models to your 318 would be the CCC made 1810, 1811, 1812, 1860, 1861, 1862, 1863 and 1864. None of these have steering brakes, some (1862, 1864) have powersteering all could have CAT 0 rear hitch. Hank's new CC book should mention these models.

My new IHCC book (due out in Nov/Dec) will not cover the later made CCC units, just the IH ones.

Has anyone noticed that the 2015 Cub Cadets now feature Tuff Torque hydros instead of HydroGear? Just thought I'd mention this.
1a_scratchhead.gif

And why are we not considering the 20hp model CCC's? The 2064 was a "super" and had both P/S and turning brakes. I just recently parted one.

Were you considering HP level the "go-by" starting point?

And BTW, I would have to say, there is no green tractor that compares to a IH/CCC cub cadet. So the answer was no, there isn't a comparable tractor. CCC never made little league tractors...

Just kidding.

Wow... talk about zombie threads...

I put the thingy in about the 2015 models having the Tuff Torque instead of Hydro Gear transmissions because I just didn't want to open up a new thread. If I recall that is the first time ever that a Cub cadet GARDEN Tractor has not had a Sunstrand or sister company hydro in them. I know they've used other trannies in the LAWN tractors.
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back