• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Lamp replacement (Cub 3184)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kwingerson

displayname
Kent Wingerson
Hi all,

Just got a 3184 (2000) and used it last night in the dark... lights might be okay to see by if I were still 25 years old, but that was a ways back.

So, I've located a halogen replacement for the standard 1156 automotive lamp. NAPA carries a 12v. #795 that fits the same socket. I'll bet it would make things much brighter.

Has anyone tried this before... any precautions I should be concerned with?

Cheers!
Kent

I've been running with the 50w halogens for several weeks now - no problems. The voltmeter does show about 1 volt less while the tractor is running with the lights on, but it's still charging the system enough.

Latest posts

Back