• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Kohler block interchange// (welder>Ariens)

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dblake

displayname
Don Blake
OK; First off I know the cranks are different. so what; I only need a block.
I was just given an Ariens S-16H the other day! Tiller, deck plow and more. All shaft drive (incl the rear PTO) very heavy duty; Cannot beat it for the price. Even if I scrapped it (not likely) I'd be ahead of the game.
The governor gear tried to escape the block; was only stopped by the starter. Rod did not blow or anything. (so hopefully still good/usable) but there is still a hole in the block.
There is a Miller welder at a local farm auction place with a 16HP Kohler in it; they buy/sell/trade between auctions. It was burned up in a fire, so the welder portion is definitely not usable/salvageable. But the crank still turns, the throttle shaft is tight, etc. I should be able to get it cheap. I am also watching a couple K-341 bare blocks on Ebay.
I know that oil pans are different between various Kohler engines; I hope to be able to use the one off the original Ariens block. I do not mind doing a basic but complete rebuild, build 1 good engine between 2 or something; rings/gaskets definitely but everything else "as needed"-valves bore job, etc etc.

Don, there are also different mounting details on Kohler blocks. Here's one variant shown next to a Cub Cadet style block.

153962.jpg

Latest posts

Back