"good books"

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jclazar

with all of the topics that we have in The Sandbox, one thing i enjoy doing is reading. here are some good reads that you may not want to put down: The Count of Monte Cisco by Alexander Dumas. this book is fiction,but makes you wonder if someone could realy do such things. early 1800's in europe,a young man is wrongfuly imprisoned and has such revenge on all who put him away....chilling! written in 1794. his revenge is nothing you would ever guess. i believe the storie takes place between 1805 and 1843.

I'll match that with THE LAST EXILE, a novel by Charles Durham. "One man's journey to the wild, unsettled Canada of the 18th century, a voyage that takes him into the darkness of his own heart."
And, of course, there's A CORPORATE TRAGEDY, which already has its own thread.
coffee.gif

I'm a reader mostly of fiction, but one I reread every few years that is non-fiction is
We Took To the Woods by Louise Dickinson Rich. You want to learn about self sufficiency in a tight economy, this is a great read...(Charlie should get a copy, although the book is about northern Maine, not Minnesota)..

Anything by Louis Lamour.

Also, the Mountain Man series by William Johstone.

Great stuff.

"Trustee from the Toolroom" by Nevil Shute

Steve: Isn't The Mountain Man what the movie "Jeremiah Johnson" was taken from?
icon_eek.gif

I like Licoln Child and Charles Preston, they co-write alot of books. They wrote "The Relic" which got turned into a movie and alot of other good books. Just read Stephen King's last of "The Dark Tower" series which were pretty good reads. I read all the Louis Lamour books which are all excellent. I am always looking for books to read.

Frank: Not sure. I was introduced to the series about 3 years ago. I just started his American Jihad book, which is different than I typically read.

i started reading The Tragic History of the Sea,shipwrecks from the Bible to Titanic. its a National Geographic publication. so far,it has not been bad. if you could picture the tempest blowing the sail-boats to where-ever, and many,many other dangers at sea along with the sailors stories. isbn# 978-1-4262-0094-6

Latest posts

Back