• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Christmas Card List

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgault

displayname
Mike Gault
I got this in my email and thought it would be nice thing to do....so I'm passing it on. A Great Idea!!! When you are making out your Christmas card list this year, please include the following.

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue NW,
Washington, D.C. 20307-5001

Do one better!
Find your local area VA Hospital and go visit some of the guys once and while.
It's well worth your time and theirs!
thumbsup_old.gif

Great idea Charlie, good trip for my daughters & I Sunday. I'll one up ya though, do both!
biggrin.gif

LOL,
I've been doing the VA thing since 1977, so I think you might have a ways to go to catch up.
thumbsup.gif

Before i moved up north, it was a 3 day a week thing, but now since the closest VA is 90 miles away, I have to limit it to a once a month thing.
But I tellya what, those guys/gals appreciate an ear more than anyone might think.
It's really sad considering that many have family close and don't get a visit from them.
I really have a soft spot for those people, just cause I've BTDT a couple 3 or 5 times.

Charlie – I apologize for my error, I should have checked first.
I actually liked your idea better, go visit a VA hospital. I did that this past weekend with my girls and it was certainly an eye opener for them as well as me. My oldest (27) made the comment, “doesn’t anyone care about them anymore”. My youngest (8) probably had the biggest impact on the vets. As all kids she would ask very pointed questions and didn’t hold back. The guys really warmed up to her fast. We laughed & we cried at times, but both of them told me they want to go back.
Thanks for your suggestion.

One other thing we are doing here in Virginia is adopting a platoon. One of our town officer decided that was what he and his wife was going to do for Christmas. He got several folks together. One thing lead to another. Monday he and friends sent 400 pounds of food and items to 3 platoons across the pond.All three have local guys in them so it gets kind of personal.

We send care packages to the troops often.We send to troops from home but send enough to share with other soldiers in the platoon.They really appreciate this.
Luther

Charlie- I recieved an e-mail Friday, and I've been trying to get it posted on this thread ever since. Nothing wrong with the site, just my computer idiocy. Would it be all right if I sent it to you for editing and transfer to this site? It comes with it's own bona fides.

Charlie- I think the e-mail got lost in one of the avalanches you call in boxes,lol. I'm gonna try it this way, and maybe it'll work.

When National guard and reserves are called up,by law their employers are required to hold their jobs open and available, nothing more.

Here's how Sears handles this situation;
They volunarily pay the diff. in salaries and maintain all benefits, including med. ins. and bonus programs, for all reservist employees called up.

I'm including the snopes revue, as they say it a lot better, and I think credit should be given where due.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/sears.asp

Latest posts

Back