• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Belt-Driven Tiller On an 1864

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
I met a local guy who wants to put a rear-mounted tiller on an 1864. I looked it up on the Cub Cadet (parts) website, and it appears as though the only tiller recommended for this tractor was the "towable" version with it's own 8hp pony-engine.

217253.jpg

Has anyone here ever adapted an earlier #1 or #2 rear tiller to work with these later MTD (Cyclops) tractors? He'd really like to stay with a belt-driven tiller....

I'm nearly done putting one on the Cat-0 of my 782D. This is a copy of an adapter kit that was apparently pretty rare, although Charlie has a few...he emailed me pics when I was looking for info. I have to redo the lift links...the geometry is wrong and it doesn't lift very high. Other than that I just need to get a belt and it should be operational.

217265.jpg

217266.jpg

217267.jpg

Art , # 2 son got a CC hydraulic tiller that was made for 2000 series. He mounted pump in front off PTO on my old/his 1811 w/ Cat.0 3 point. It has forward & reverse direction for tine drive. It's heavy, so it needs a couple suitcase weights on the front pump/weight bracket. I had on my 882, but need to fab adjustable pump belt tension modification & smaller pump drive pulley for more ground clearance.
Shift.gif

Latest posts

Back