Archive through October 21, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Guys, It's been some time since I've had a post on the forum. I need some help. I picked up a cub recently but I'm not sure what I have. I believe it's a 149 or a 169. The serial # is: 2050047U494519. From what I can tell on Jason's chart it was built in either Dec of 73 or the early part of January 1974. If someone can tell me what tractor this is I would greatly appreciate it. If I'm not in the correct topic site please redirect me. Thanks Regg

Regg,
According to the Cub cadet handbook of Oscar H. Will....

You have a 149 built in March of '74.
Your ser# 494519 is to low for a 169, which started w#506737

R E,
All you gotta do is check the faq'S.
thumbsup.gif

http://cubfaq.com/questions.html

97. What are the Kind Codes for Cub Cadets?
http://cubfaq.com/kindcodes.html

98. What are the Kind Codes for Cub Cadets #2?
http://cubfaq.com/kindcodes2.html

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 112
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 117
Thanks David and Charlie for the information. I did visit the faq's page but I couldn't find the link's to the pages Charlie has posted. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. I do appreciate the help. Thanks Again, Regg

RPM adjustment
Steve:
Thanks for idea of loosening the cable sheath clamp and moving it 1/8 inch. That brought my RPMs up to 3550 and the idle is good. What a simple idea that works. Now how do you adjust the throttle stop. I assume that the throttle works with the gov to control the RPM. I had the throttle at full speed when my gauge read 3550 RPMs. I have mind block of how the throttle stop comes into play. If someone could explain it I would really appreciate it.
Thanks for any comments.
Earl L

If you move the cable another 1/8" then the throttle stop will become necessary to limit travel. As it is, it is useless because you are maxed on travel with the cable setting....

And don't confuse the governor with the manual cable stop. The governor closes the throttle under lighter loads (automatically based on spring a settings and governor arm position) to prevent overspending on light loads. .....and opens the throttle back up as the load increases until it is physically wide open at which point the engine boggs down and starts to fall on its face. The hard throttle stop just controls the no load speed and sets the "base line " max rpm.

Btw, An engine "speed gauge" is known as a tachometer......

RPM Adjustment/ Throttle Stop
Thanks again for the comments, but I still do not know how to set the throttle stop. Can someone tell me how to do it. I know that I am beating this thing up but I want to do it correctly.
I used the 129 after getting the RPMs to 3550 and my machine has never run that fast before.
I am looking forward to trying out the snow blower
Earl L

Earl...coming to Bluiners on Saturday???
Look some one up there....we"ll get you set up and dialed in on the RPM"S

Latest posts

Back