• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 06, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of magazine subscriptions (weren't we?) I just got my first copy of Cadet Connection. Me likey!
happy.gif

My 782 with the super steer axle "death wobbles" as of late.......power steering forces have worn the top of the left spindle/axle joint to the point where it's loose and the tie rod transmitts the wobble to both wheels at high speeds on pavement. Real awakening when running down to the neighbors last week on the road!!! Felt like I was on a 4020!!!

Investigative tear down is on tonight's agenda......might take reaming to 1-1/8" or 1-1/4" and installing a sleeve......

I was using dad's 782 and had a tie rod end give out (of course a long ways away from the shop.) That wasn't a fun experience trying to get it back.....

Love Cadet Connection Magazine! I'm a new subscriber, and wonder why I did not subscribe years ago!

Dennis:

"NONE of the IH trucks I ever drove would run fast enough to get "Death Wobble"."

TRUE!
happy.gif

My wife's 2011 Wrangler Unlimited just did the "death wobble" with only 28K on the odometer. Not fun to say the least. Under warranty it was the steering stabilizer shock that was leaking. She wouldn't drive it anymore after that and we traded it on a new Tahoe. That was expensive!!

I'm going to guess that Charlie would say we're getting a bit off topic and the only death wobble that should be discussed here would be that from worn spindles on an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> built Cub Cadet. I know the left front spindle on my #2 125 is getting close to having a death wobble.
sad.gif

took these out before they could death wobble

264504.jpg

Another couple weeks and the turkeys will be doing the death GOBBLE!!!!
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Back