• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 30, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brian K.
Just about 5 miles from the headwaters of the Mississippi river.
biggrin.gif

Can someone enlighten me on the best way to remove hood decals? I’m hoping to start my O rejuvenation soon when I do I’ll start a thread in the the restore and refurbish thread.

Timothy, if your Original has the original hood decals, they are NOT decals but rather silkscreen. If the Original was refurbished at some point then they probably are decals. Decals can often be removed with heat from a hair dryer to soften the adhesive and make the decal a bit more flexible. Once you have the area warmed up start peeling and see if it will come off. If not, either a sanding disc or a wire cup brush in a 4" angle grinder has also worked well for me.

I thought the Original decals were water based wet and slide on.

Mike, that could be. I had always heard that they were silk screened on.
dunno.gif

Mike, click HERE and scroll all the way down to the post that's the second one up from the bottom.

Got a nice box in the mail today from Aaron at Extreme Motor Works...... Cat 0 3pt for the 782...
happy.gif
happy.gif
happy.gif

Latest posts

Back