• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 18, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rthomley

displayname
Ron Thomley
Nick, I agree with Art on that brass nut. I had the same problem and they get worn and you can hardly notice, but they hang up when you tighten down onit and the disc will not turn freely. These 7 hps are very touchy, but keep trying.

Keith LaJ., yes, I had a pair of chains with those connections. My Son has them now and they work. Whats the question?? Ron

Keith, I've got three sets of chains like that. Never had any problems with them as long as the latch is kept reasonably well lubricated.
greenthumb.gif

Does anyone know of a way to recondition the round hole on the front of a lift handle? Mine is out of round and sort of mushroomed. I have never had any luck re-rounding a hole like this.
thanks

Well, I got the governor adjusted and it seems to run pretty well. I only got about 3400 rpm but I haven't given up yet. I followed everything step by step out of the kohler manual and it went OK. I didn't take the brass nut off and file it because it spun real easy. Either way, I plowed my garden with the O and 2 passes on the neighbors garden and ended up putting the plow on the 149. The O didn't like the untilled sod. I know I didn't have the plow adjusted right, but I'm learning. It was still fun though, Nick
126841.jpg

126842.jpg

The first time they met...it was love at first sight. LOL

Oh yeah, now I know why they invented the spring assist and then hydraulics. That plow gets heavy after awhile. Nick

Richard what hole are you talking about, and what do you mean by "front" are you talking where the button goes or where it locks into position?
or do you mean the rockshaft that goes through the frame???

Don T.
Way to go on the smoking, I am at exactly the same place with it as you are. Sure is tough to beat but cub guys can beat anything.

Keep up the good work.
Tim

I've been a lurker for a long time, learned alot, had a bunch of laughs. Had some contact with Brenden, how you doing, Bren? But this afternoon I had to post. WAY TO GO DON T. I quit two years ago, the day my Dr said I'd lose my right foot if I didn't. It ain't easy, but you go man. IT CAN BE DONE. Thanks all, John

Art, or anyone that had governor problems... did you remove the drive pin? I ended up taking mine out and everything seemed to go better. Nick
126845.jpg

I saw on ihccw website a picture of a wood chipper hooked to a cub does such a beast exsist for my 128? i did put a want ad for one in the classified, but not sure if they exist for my 128?

Jeff B If U were looking at a front mounted model it was a IH 59M Shredder, the one I purchased new (1977) was mounted on my 128.It did not have a chipper blade, so probably up to 1" wood at the most --depending the type or(species).The bar screen worked best for me & sometimes no screen at all. Also leaf,grass materials must be DRY! Feed slow don't force, Keep body parts & clothing OUT! Don't forget Safety gear, ear protection, eye protection, Etc.

Nick-
I didn't remove that pin on mine....
dunno.gif

I think that provides a "stop" for the throttle linkage. <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT>/Kohler would not have put that there if there wasn't a reason...

Matt I have my tractor covered up so I didn't take a picture of the area but it is the hole where the lock button goes. Everything works without the button until I gouge (~4") on packed drive way stone. Then the lift arm wants to bind and gets stuck. So I figure it must need the lock button which was not there when I got the 104.

I'm thinking (look out) that maybe what I'm looking at is what's left of a buggered up lock button. Because if the piece sticking out of the handle ~were~ a part of the handle, you could not put on the handle grip! I'll get a picture when the sun comes up.

Hi all, great site with good info. I picked up a #1 tiller in great shape with an extension this past weekend and it came with the right angle gearbox and mounting plate with the manual, I was relieved and excited. Looking forward to mounting it to my 149 Now its time to order belts and they will cost me just about what the tiller cost. The links have been most helpful. any suggestions. My mule drive has the straight pulleys as my deck is only a 42in. Thanks for any help.

Richard, you have the remains of a float button. When intact and fully functional, the top button would be pressed and held down then you would press in the float button then release pressure on the top button button. There is a notch on the top button that the float button would lock into and allow the lift arm to float. Hope that made sense. CC Specialties has replacement buttons (Click on the link I provided and scroll down to the 18th item). Those can be a real pain to get out as they are press fit in.

need some help with removal if steering wheel I searched how to remove one did like it said sprayed it with pb blaster left it sit for a while and pounded the the nut while me and my dad pulled up on the steering wheel can't do the shole sit on the seat and use your knees I have no seat yet on it's way. Here is the problem the tractor sat out in the weather for ever and the steering wheel is broken in spot the other two are weak we tried the hammering and the pulling now I have a bent up steering wheel got now where but breaking anthor suport only have one left on the center hub. How can i get the stubbern steering wheel off need all the help I can get.

Latest posts

Back