• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gcoleman

displayname
Glen M. Coleman
Was bedeutet dieses spricen auf das heir: Ich sprece Deutsch und Englisch ser Gut, aber Ich verste es nicht. Hilft mir bitta. (Yeah, I speak German. Ok boys and girls, who knows what I said??? I'm gonna get crap about this I'm sure, but I want to know Ita erat quando hic adveni...)

Chris thanks a Ton... I will have to look em up and see what the price is on em. Any other tips?? I plan on putting these lights on the rear though...
52909.gif

Glen: You said 'This is completely off topic, and shouldn't be posted here!'

Nothing much to report from chilly Ohio. No snow to move, not time for garden plowing, and no grass to mow........So the Cubs are in hibernation I guess!

terry g, that bat.for 18.99 165 cca is no bargain. up here n.h. thats a 1 year bat. i get my bats at auto zone a 285 cca is 19.95 its a 1 year bat. their 425 cca is 29.95 its the same size bat. and you can't kill it. i put one in a snowmoble last year. din't start it all summer well from march to march and it started right up after cranking awhile. no charging no jumping. thats what i call a battery. they are called duralast i think. i have a 124 i start every three months. bat is always up. the better one gos on sale in the spring sometimes for 24.95 dam good buy. ya don't need a car bat. in there. just one with some amps. ooh was 13.8 below this mornin. 160 cca would do nothin. nuff said

I knew I was gonna get yelled at, I hope I don't piss Charlie off too much...

May have gotten the last measurable snow last night. Cleaned our drive and the neighbors. They're calling for 50's by the weekend and possibly higher by the middle of next week. Off comes the QA - on goes the blade!

the snow flew here again in central WI late yesterday so the 1250 was out throwin' for about 6 hours. sure was nice to have it back after the starter was replaced. my neigbors are really starting to love my cub, i plow the walks and drives for about 10 people everytime it snows.

Finally a place to ask some questions. I'm very new to the Cub Cadet world and am discovery all the things that they can do. I have a Cub Cadet 100 that I use to mow. It is the best mowing tractor that I've ever used. But I want to do more with it, I've seen pictures of the tiller and was wondering if the 1 or 1a tiller will fit on the CC100 and if so, where can I find one, and finally what's a good price for one.

Thanks and I'm sure I will be back with more questions.

I have a question for those who know more about welding than I do. I know very little when it comes to welding mixed metals.

Is it possable to weld the spindle to the cast alxe?
I have a project in mind and need to know if it can be done and how to weld the steel spindle to the cast iron axle.

Lonny welding cast iorn is very tricky if you don't do alot of it. a good welding shop may be able to do the welding. Bolting a brace may be a better way. welded cast iorn always seems to crak eventually.

I don't weld but I've seen, heard and participated in the process and as far as I know you have to heat up the cast iron to weld to it. I held the torch on a truck axle to weld a bracket back on. A shop would be your best bet.
Glen, what did you say? I like those round ones alot better too. I think my friend did something similar only going thru a shop at a truck stop. So Napa is just as good and probably alot closer and easier to use. Hopefully your shop teacher will let you use the press, my teachers were cool with stuff I did cause I helped them out alot doing things after school. I knew and still know all 3 of my shop teachers(machining/welding, smallengine/auto, heavy equip/semi) very well. In my opinion they are the best teachers there with science coming in a close second. I can't wait to see your results, a yellow fender like that will be very cool!

Lonny welding cast has a lot to do with how good the cast is . Welding with ni rod works the best for me or bronze but i think ni rod is the best .Welding cast you pre heat to burn out all oil paint ,then grind clean every thing you are to weld . It will hold if you have enough surface to weld . When you weld cast when you will know when you start if it is going to be a good weld if you have no pin holes . Cub parts have pretty good cast. I dont like to weld car parts or a part that somebody could get hurt.

I agree with Jim. You must be very careful. You could try making a completely new piece out of steel following the same dimensions.

What my plans are is to make a small hay wagon, useing the axles from a couple add ball cub axles I have here.
That way they will have the same wheel span as my cubs AND LOOK like they where made for behind a cub cadet.

You want to have the rear axle be stationary, not turnable. Another solution might be to modify the stock spindles to bolt to the trailer frame or axle. Where the tie rods attach have a bracket or the like go from there to a mounting place to keep them stationary. I had picked up a trailer that used a car's front axle and where the tie rod bolts to the spindle there was a bracket to the frame to keep stationary. I'm not too positive of this setup becasue the trailer was free to me and a junker. I'm just telling you so maybe you can figure it in to your options. This is a small haywagon for a cub but you still want to be safe for your payload, people if your in a parade. You could fashion the spindle/bracket to hug around the axle so as not to move. I'll try to draw up what I mean.

Lonny,

Just get some steel and weld the spindles to that for the rear axle, it just isn't worth messing around with welding CI for the rear axle of a hay rack.

Maybe this will clarify. I hope my crude drawing gets the point accross.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
attachment_icon.gif

spindle.bmp (65.1 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Oh man I think I screwed up. Charlie don't hurt me!

I have a question concerning creeper transmissions. Will a creeper transmission from a Model 100 with three speed transmission fit a 582 with a three speed transmission? How interchangeable are creeper transmissions?

Latest posts

Back