• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 01, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stanner

displayname
Scott Tanner... Can't even see the Cub in this mess..
Grrr..

Kid smashed up momma's car... In order to absorb the deductable, I bought parts through my contacts, and had them painted. I installed most of them this past weekend... There was a lot of hidden damage underneath that I had to fix... Good thing for KEN-tuk-Weld and metal pins... The kid is no longer allowed to drive any of our cars... I've had enough..

Before:
225849.jpg

225850.jpg

During:
225851.jpg

225852.jpg

225853.jpg

Finished pics to follow

Scott, I think most of us that have family that made it thru teenage years ars sort of familiar with your plight. My daughter took three tries before she finally killed her new car..
dunno.gif

Finally got her done, and momma is happy again..
226271.jpg

226272.jpg

And the cub gets her space back...
226273.jpg

Kentuck-
100th anniversary 1911?

I've been tinkering with a 45 as well, a 45-70.

How about both, I have a sweet Rock Island 1911 45acp
guns.gif
and I love my Marlin 1895ss 45-70 lever gun
Shotgun.gif
Does anybody know if IH ever sold a gun rack for a cub original, lol

Question for the Ford guys out there. We finally got the 1998 Windstar back after having the air conditioner compressor unit go bad. The garage installed a good used one. He couldn't recharge the system because it needs the A/C filter replaced and it would be an extra $700.00 + tax to replace the filter. Just where is that filter located and how come so much to replace it? TIA!!! The van doesn't even have 55,000 miles on it yet.

Marlin, You could buy a complete brand new aftermarket system for that kind of money... The filter/drier is usually next to the condenser, and may not be removable... the shop may have quoted you a new condenser/filter assy...
After a look on Autozone.com, they don't list a drier, but an inline filter screen. (???) sells for $22.00...

Leak check it, pump it down and charge it with refrigerant.. I hope they added the correct type and amount of oil in it... You may want to check... I would take it somewhere else for this work, as something does not sound right... HTH

Here's something I've been busy with the past few months. I've made 12 sets of these so far in 2011, currently in the midst of making another 8 sets... These pictured seem to be the most popular styles.
226589.jpg

226590.jpg

Vince, I love to throw stuff at the Packers, Bears too while I'm at it. I'm a Blackhawks fan.

Vince
Here's a set I slapped together (I'm not a carpenter) and the little woman painted with a little guidence from me (she's not a football fan). Took us most of the winter. Can't imagine how long twenty sets would take us. Thanks for sharing! Nice!

226651.jpg

I cut the wood to build those when I worked at a lumber yard 3 or 4 years ago. The city had a tournement. I cut the wood to make 30 of those, took just under 2 hours. Volunteers put them together. I was glad to be done with them.

Viking boards - uh oh.... Acutally they look nice!

I'm currently making a Viking - Packer set. Will be done maybe next week, or the week after. It will just have the Horn from the helmet on it, purple boards, wih a gold stripe and the horn.

Tom, I have a good friend who is a Bears fan - I have to remind myself to be nice to him... I don't follow Hockey though.

GF wanted to take her daughter, whos moving to KT, to the QC today.Come to find out they wanted to spend time in the stores theyv'e shopped in all these years. Yea friends, they said goodby to the stores. I on the other hand, spent 8 hours with old friends with a car show thrown in. I'm good.

Dave, where are the photos of the car show?
happy.gif

I forgot about this thread. Thanks for the reminder!
happy.gif
This is a good place to post what's been taking up all of my time lately. My wife decided she wanted a new kitchen so I got to gut the old one and install new cabinets, new appliances and a new tile floor to replace the old vinyl one. I also built a pantry and fridge surround in place of the old eat in kitchen area. Lots of detail work yet to do, mostly trim work. Here's a few photos taken along the way. The first 3 were taken before I started.

229212.jpg

Kitchen dining area.

229213.jpg

Main kitchen area, note that there are cabinets along the right side above the counter. These cabinets were open underneath to the great room, however they really divided the areas.

229214.jpg

Old location of the refrigerator. This limited the counter space on the left side of the sink and left no space for a dishwasher.

229215.jpg

229216.jpg

New pantry/fridge surround. Lots of thought and design went into packing as much storage space into this area as possible. The space behind the fridge will be accessible from the hallway and will have two pull out recycle bins with some fixed shelves above. The right side will have shallow shelves for canned goods. I'll be installing a bi-fold door with full access hardware. That's a display alcove on the right side. It will have a shoji screen covering the upper area to diffuse the light. I just finished the screen this weekend and will get that installed soon.

229217.jpg

Walk in pantry. There will be drawers that will be mounted behind the fridge and will pull out into the pantry area. The drawers will be some of the drawers from the old cabinets with new full extension slides.

229218.jpg

Display alcove with LED puck light. Just needs the shoji screen installed. I hope to get that done tonight. Makes a great night light and being LED it uses very little electricity.

229219.jpg

Cook book shelf above the fridge.

229220.jpg

New breakfast bar area. Note that the matching cherry cabinet panels are not yet installed on the back of the cabinets. Lots of trim yet to install as well.

229221.jpg

Dry layout of the floor tile design.

229222.jpg

Floor installed and grouted. Still need to install the toe kick trim.

229223.jpg

Still need to install lots of trim also need to stain, finish and install the pantry door and finish up some details in the pantry. Lots of work but I'm happy with the results and I saved a bundle of cash doing all the work myself.
happy.gif

Kraig; That is some very nice work you have done. Showed it to my wife and she liked it a lot.
thumbsup.gif

Back