• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through January 06, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmcconaughey

Keeper of the Photos
Staff member
Administrator
displayname
Kraig McConaughey
Was looking at some old home movies (old 8mm film that had been converted to DVD) last night to get some photos of an old <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> Scout and Jeep and decided to snap a couple photos of my first deer to post here. I was 13, the deer was a nice big doe. One shot in the brisket with my Marlin 336C, .30-30.
happy.gif
That was a long time ago, blaze orange was not yet required, only an option, red clothing was however required as a minimum. I think the next year blaze orange was required.

183613.jpg

183614.jpg

Charlie or whomever knows, is it permitted to post a youtube about gun control? It includes politics involving several countries but is about the US so I wanted to ask.

Thanks...Wayne

You might want to wait for an answer from Charlie on this one, maybe even send him the link first...

Since I doubt anyone here is FOR gun control.
We just as well watch the video that Wayne S. sent me the link to.
If ya think gun control is to political, DO NOT click the link!
And if you click the link and want to complain, THINK TWICE!
CLICK HERE

Oh yea, while we're at it.

Treat your dog like a veteran and you'll find yourself in front of a judge!

Thanks Charlie,

You have a wonderful way with words.

I really don't anything rated PG to say.....
rant.gif
183746.gif
rant.gif

edit:
ok...maybe I do. As far I'm concerned if our worthless elected officials that are in office now do not drop out of the UN they are cutting our Veterans necks. If they let this slide our military personal might as well lay down their arms and go home <font size="-2">orprepareforcivilwar </font>

Charlie ! wow we missed the deal here we had to register all guns and then they closed the gun register. I`am sure we have not heard the end of this . I don`t want to give up my guns because then only the criminals will have them.
1a_scratchhead.gif

Thanks for that. Later Don T

There are two famous sayings I live by when it comes to this subject.

When guns are outlawed, I will be an outlaw.
and
They can have my guns when they pry them loose from my cold dead fingures.

Gun control= the ability to hit your target.
or

183750.jpg

Whew
183754.gif
and here I thought it was gonna be something FOR gun control..
183755.gif

Good video, Wayne!!!

Finally got a pic of a 2-1/2 year old 6-point working a scrape line.
He'll be a good deer in a couple of years if I can get the neighbors to let him walk!
183823.jpg

183824.jpg

'Yotes are coming in every night!
Save them for the off season!
Shotgun.gif
!

Bobby, nice photos. I hope you get that 6 point in a couple of years and that coyote this year.
happy.gif

No blood and guts here. I thought I'd share a little with one of my winter hobbies since hunting seasons are winding down for the year. These are a few of the "shadow boxes" I build to exhibit old fishing lures. I started collecting back in the early 80s then decided to start putting them on my walls instead of in boxes. I currently have around twenty (boxes) displayed. I have a main collection that I don't display. I just decided to display lures with matching finishes and different sizes. I'm sure there are others out there that have either collections or granpas tackle box. I'd love to see what you have sometime. These are also genuine lures, not reproductions. Most are in good shape but excellent lures can be too valuable to display.
183915.jpg

183916.jpg

183917.jpg

183918.jpg

All fronts are of glass and hinged. I paint the inside white for better viewing.
Hope yall like em......Wayne

Wayne;
Nice displays! Some look like older Heddon's and I think I see A Smithwick or two? What else 'ya got?

Kraig;
The 6-point gets a pass,but I'm pickin' out my varmint gun right now!
Gonna' go to The Eufuala National Wildlife Refuge for a lottery duck hunt on Wednesday.We've had cold weather(for us)for the last two weeks and I'm anticipating a plethora of varied species of waterfowl!
Went deer hunting on Sat.and it was 19 degrees with a 25 mph wind.Stayed from 5:00 am til noon;it was a little tough on an old man like me!

Before all my Northern counterparts bust my chops about the weather,I lived in Fairbanks,Alaska for three years and saw -72 degrees one winter,so I know what cold is!I just decided to move back to warmer climes cause there ain't very many bikini-clad honey's on the tundra!
Bobby B.

Bobby-

No Heddon or Smithwick, all Creek Chub lures. There are some Arbogast mud puppy lures laying on top of that one box. I always collected Creek Chub but sometimes other lures would be included when buying lots. These usually went back on ebay.

Thanks for the comment....Wayne

Had a couple visitors!
184137.jpg

184138.jpg

If I can just keep 'em local!
Bobby B.

Wayne,
Very nice displays.
I used to live in town and in a bigger house than I do now. In the old house My wife let me lay claim to the den. I had rustic barn wood paneling and then decorated the walls with old outdoor sports stuff. We had acquired all kinds of old fishing rods,reels, lures and other tackle. We also picked up thru the years old archery equipment, hunting and trapping stuff and even old snowshoes. We went from a Big house on a small lot in town to a small house on a big lot in the country. One of the favorite items we had in that den was a coffee table that was a sort of shadow box that had all sorts of old lures, pocket knives, and other antique outdoor related stuff. That table was the most talked about piece in the room. Alot of friends would bring us things to put in our den.
I am not home as I type this, or I would send you a picture of the table. I am sure with your talents, you could also make one as well.
Anyway, very nice job on the shadow boxes.
Brad

Brad-

Thanks for the nice words. I have, in fact, thought about making a coffee table with a glass top and lures underneath. I wish I could do the same for a cub or two. I had a friend that had a table like that and displayed found artifacts. My main collection stays packed away with the best at a safer location mainly because of its value but I'd love to be able to view them daily; this would be a great way to enable that. Having been broken into 3 times, I have reservations about putting that collection out in the open. Some of the lures I have displayed have good value and they keep me on my toes with worry.

I'd love to see any pictures of anything old including "granpas" lures. If you have any lures you're not sure about I may be able to help identify them. By collecting I also collected many books and now websites to help with that sort of thing. I even have a box of unidentified lures myself that have stumped other collectors.

Thanks again and happy cubbing....Wayne

Latest posts

Back