Archive through December 24, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Kraig,,Now why couldn't I figure that out
bash.gif

Merry christmas everyone, i have a couple of questions... first my 125 seems to lose forward driving power (it works and then fades out then comes back in) i was thinking maybe the hytrans fluid is low and losing pressure? second how do i check that (i have the 125 mantainence book and it shows where the drain plug and filler is but does someone have pics of this procedure. She is running really well and we have had a bunch of snow lately and i don't what to ruin the trans or burn it out. Any help is much appreciated. Rory

Rory, it could be a worn trunion.

FAQ Worn Trunion Be sure to follow the subsequent links at the bottom of the linked page.

From the Operator's Manual, page 32 and 33.

251112.jpg

251113.jpg

The Hy-Tran should be up to the filler plug. With the tractor parked on a level surface, remove the plug and see if the Hy-Tran is up to the plug opening. If not, add as needed to raise the Hy-Tran level up to the plug opening.

Can anyone pass me the contact information for the guy that was fabbing the rear blades and stuff awhile back. I can't remember his name, I know he put a V6 in a 82 series, and his dad had done a articulating 4x4. Schmidt maybe?

Ok can anyone tell me on the snow thrower CW-36 the pulley that connects to the PTO on the tractor does the set screw go on the tractor side or the thrower side ? I put things back together because of the snow we got an went to use it today an I kept throwing a belt. I made sure it was tight an it just kept throwing the belt,even the new one I just bought...I was thinking the old belts were worn so I went an bought a new one an like I said it threw the belt off the pulley again
sad.gif
Ok im sure someone may know why it does this...im working with very lil sleep an just plum worn out for the day.Im also so frustrated because ive never had this problem ever...Ty ,Amy

Guys, I'm having a problem with my drive system. Where the drive shaft goes over the input shaft on my 782, I cant keep anything in to hold it together. The roll pins that it calls for fall right out thanks to the P.O. I've been using a bolt and nut to hold it, but now that's not guarenteed. The hole in the input shaft is not only hollowed out, but I have a lot of "slop" where the driveshaft fits over it. Any suggestions? Or am I looking for a new hydro pump?

Snow is falling in SE MI right now, got approx. 3-4 inches in 6 hours-- enough to prompt the 147 to get on snow duty. It's still coming down, and making it rough (glad I don't have to go anywhere right now). The Mrs. snapped a pic out the window.

url]

It works fairly well, considering. The ground is not frozen so the blade tripped a few times and dug in as well. Still......

Well all, finally had a chance to use my QA-36 on my 126 and everything went ok given how wet the snow was. Have a question though - grease is slinging all over the back side and curious if anyone has a cure. Looks to be coming from the U-joints and not sure if perhaps it's missing a rubber boot or if there are internal seals that are shot. Thanks and appreciate any and all feedback.

Latest posts

Back