Archive through December 09, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dveillon,
You could find a good used crank or send yours to Brian Miller. He can turn them -.020 to -.030" and put an insert bearing in your rod. I've not done this yet but I've heard very good things about it.
I think the total cost would be in the neighborhood of $80.
David

Test picture:
46757.jpg

The pan on a engine run with old dirty oil forever in a 122.
David

Digger - You need corrected ;) Your statement, "When this happens the bendix spring or retainer washer on the end has usually broken." The spring is there to help kick out the bendix , not engage it. So if it's broken it'll still kick over the engine if everything else is right.

Eric - you said you cleaned everything, I hope you didn't "LUBE" the bendix because that will freeze it quicker than anything. It'll have grit and filth stick to the lube. It may be time for new brushes and the comutator turned on a lathe.

David - That's what my broke rod 122 looked like when I bought it.

OT POST ... Satellite ISP's SUCK! By the time this one reconnects you guys will have another page filled ... come on May! my contract will be up
happy.gif

... 20 minute down time !

Richard C.

When I run my 782 I still wear hearing protection, but what I really need is a gas mask. Even just backing it out of the garage and I need a clothes change before my wife will let me back in the house. MMO doesn't seem to help it any, either!

David - on yer engine question , I'd either get another crank for it or replace the engine either with the 16 or down size to 14 or 12 since it's just a "Gossip" tractor now. My 127's 12 horse pulls more than I can get traction for with my AG's so you could still pull loaded trailers... or you could send it to Charlie to ease your mind on what to do to fix it

Hey Grump,Your right to a point, grin
I've seen those dang broken springs lock the gear up just enough that the motor turns but there's nobody home at the other end. Ya know what i mean vern!
biggrin.gif

BTW,
For all you new guys.
KENtuckyKEN is our resiodent GRUMP and if you think I'm bad, wait till ya screw up and he gets on yer butts!
beer2.gif

i need to know what brand of carb that cub cadet used as stock on a 1966 cub cadet 122 and any info on restoring the cub would be great help
thanks thad

Charlie Digger

If you don't get grumpy on me here (everyone seems in a non-holiday mood), I liked your picture of the weights on your tractor, even if they were JD's. I need some weight on my 782 and was eyeing up the concrete option, but you've piqued my interest in the JD weights, of which we have some locally for purchase. Did you find they had attachment points that worked ok on the rear rims as you show, or was there a considerable amount of welding, hacksawing, cussin' and all to get them to fit as nice as they look? Just curious. Still warm out here in Wisconsin and no snow yet, so I might be able to get something done in my non-heated shed.

i was wondering what kind of paint is out their to paint my 1966 cub cadet 122 and what #of white and yellow it should be painted
thanks thad

Thad B:

Kohler Motors had one of two different brands of Carbs on them. The most popular was their own, that was made by Carter. They also used a Walbro carb which was less popular.

As far as the paint....Try checking #5 of the FAQ Section.

Thad -- you're on the wrong page ... there's a page for POST dated Internationl Harvester Cub Cadets ... look at the forum page for the CCC and MTD junk link ... er I mean Cubs

Dale - this IS our Hoilday spirit ! You ever try going to wally world to buy FOOD this time of year and have to fight 400 people fighting over video games ????
All 12" wheels that I've seen have the same "bolt on" holes for weights. I've had simplicity weights on Cubs and jd wheels. Cub weights on ferd wheels ... Stay away from melting your own lead weights. That's NASTY sh*t and it'll screw ya up ... take it from someone that knows. Heavy metals in your blood aint cool !

Thad -- CRAP! I read your post as a 1996 cub ... sorry ... see melting LEAD DOES SCREW YA UP ...
and so does 4 eye operations ... has anybody seen my seeing eye dawg ?

Charlie,
I just went all through his site and can't find where he grinds cranks and fits inserts to rods. I would gladly support the sponsors of this site.

"He could also send it to OUR sponsor listed above.
Capt. Kirk at Kirk Engines!"

Thanks for the heads up,
David

Digger: Aren't you thinking of Brian Miller. He is the one that fits rods with inserts.

KenTucky Ken:

thanks for the update on wheel weights. As one who is estranged from his farm life thirty years ago, surrounded only be a few people who are into cubs as a hobby, I'm therefore relegated to asking here, holiday spirit and all. Hmm, interesting analogy to getting food at wallyworld, and your info on melting lead to make weights is well taken. I'll wander by the JD shop to see what they have for new or used weights on hand. One set of weights in the wheels of the 782 with the snow blower on the front makes for light rearend. Shipping authentic Cub weights from all over the country makes for a light wallet.

Thanks again.

Hey guys
What is a good way to add weight to the rear end of my 100????

Robert F. ..Go up a few lines to 'search' icon. Poke in 'weights'. you will fing every known (and a few unknown) ways to weigh down a tractor.
err.gif

Latest posts

Back