• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 21, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
john if you get a chance winnabago fair is going on with a great tractor show, drove my 149 in the parade

Jeff, Pec show is always tough as it competes with the Whiteside fair also. we have a plow day on Sunday locally as long as the weather holds off.

298560.jpg

Guys thanks for the heads up on the Harbor Freight dollies. I ran down and bought 8 while they were on sale. They worked perfectly. I can move the cubs easily, and change directions without any problems. Going to be so much easier in the garage. Need to get new front tires I am surprised with all the dry rot that they hold any air.

Attachments

• 298560.jpg
    298560.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 176
James,

Nice 70! I see a creeper gear hiding in there.
How did you wind up with a peach looking fender and a yellow looking one?
If the tires are not coming apart, just put some tubes in them and keep on going.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 139
James,

To really impress the neighbors, take it all apart, sandblast, prime, paint, and put it all back together kinda like this one.

298577.jpg

Attachments

• 298577.jpg
    298577.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 178
Marty, it would be more fun to find a second one and paint it up nice, and mess with your neighbors by driving the old one by and a few hours drive the painted one...make them do a double take...
LOL

I need a bigger cub,,lol

298580.jpg

Attachments

• 298580.jpg
    298580.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 175
Marty, you have a great looking 70 there. Something for me to aim for. Not sure why the colors are different. When I bought it years ago the fenders were on backwards. Didn't realize it until I joined this forum. Yes I plan to take it all apart rebuild what is needed, and repaint. It's my favorite cub. I'm even going to try (key word try) to teach myself how to MIG weld to help with the restore. I just bought my first MIG a Millermatic 211. As far as blasting I'm first going to try the electrolysis method. I tested it with the deck skin last summer, and was really impressed.

That's why I am rushing to get my garage organized and heated before winter so I can putter all winter on my cub.

Greetings guys. For some reason the thumb button on my 100 manual lift keeps unscrewing itself and falling out due to vibration. Oddly enough this hasn't been a problem until recently but I've lost two now and nearly lost a third one today. Wondering how to best deal with it... any thoughts?

James l've heard good things about the electroylis also but never have tried it. You definitely will need heat in that garage. What kind of heat was you thinking?

Billy A, I've got a Sterling propane heater that I am going to hang from the ceiling next week if all goes as planned. Need to rent a hole cutter for the pipe. My walls are 2x6 no windows save for the insulated overhead garage doors, and all my wiring will be surface mounted conduit. I don't imagine I'll paint any cubs in the winter.

Sean H., as promised:

298582.jpg

298583.jpg

298584.jpg

298585.jpg

298586.jpg

298587.jpg

Attachments

• 298586.jpg
    298586.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 165
  • 298587.jpg
    298587.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 298585.jpg
    298585.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 161
  • 298584.jpg
    298584.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 182
  • 298583.jpg
    298583.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 149
  • 298582.jpg
    298582.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 160
Teaser......See MTD Page....

298589.jpg

Attachments

• 298589.jpg
    298589.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 173
I drained the transmission fluid from my 126 to get at a clip bracket that holds the wheel hub in place. The manual says I should get IH Hy-Tran Fluid to replace it. Is there a transmission fluid or gear oil I can buy locally that will do the job? Thanks

Robert C.

Many members here will tell you to use Case IH Hy-Tran for it's water absorbing ability. This is very important for a Hydro rear end, but not as much for a gear drive.

SAE-30W Non Detergent Oil is the other choice.

I would use HyTran just because I have more of it.

JIm

Just a warning, I don't think you want to do any electrolysis in an enclosed area. The fumes given off tend to go boom when ignited by things like a shop heater.

Having worked in a combustion test lab making things go boom with gasses it is not as easy as one thinks to make fire. The mixture is very crucial and not easily obtained in an open area. Electrolysis is typically not producing combustible gases at the rate of what spilled gasoline can produce. If you doing electrolysis in a closed shed that is 8x10 with a large kiddy pool inside, than I would be concerned.

Jim

I have heard of guys using 55 gal barrels outside. There is a very good article on this in a old issue of red power magazine. I will try to get the date and issue #.

Back