• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 19, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here it is attached.
64159.jpg

Charlie -

The one on the right and top will work, too...

I'm sure if Kraig would stop looking at pics of my behind, he'll find a pic of my old 100 with that frame...
lol.gif

Bryan,
Yepper, it works on mine too, but I've not seen to many with that style. And since we dint have pics of what Russell has, I tried to go the safe route.
confused.gif

I have a follow up question that goes with what Brian B. asked and Kraig gave the answer on the loose front axle. I have the same problem on my son’s 1450 and also on my 2 -149’s. I see how to tighten up the channel. I notice on my 782 IH put a cap screw in instead of the pin. I am thinking about replacing the pin with a cap screw on the other three. This will lessen the spreading tendency. The next question is was it a grade 5 or 8 cap screw. Any one know the answer??

Bryan, Charlie, had a project meeting to attend, and it was off site.
angry.gif

John N., not sure on the grade bolt, but you will have clearance issues between the bolt head and the mower deck mule drive (or was it the oil pan? I'll look for a photo.) unless you grind it thinner.

Charlie and Bryan,

Thanks for the info. I have the subframe from the left/bottom of those pictures and it just doesn't reach. If the back of the subframe is on the foot rest rail, the front brackets don't line up with anything and can't reach up far enough to meet the frame (due to contacting the front axle cross member).

The bracket on the right looks a bit better as the tabs seem longer, and that seems to match the color photo you posted Charlie...

Now I just need to swap mine out. Thanks for the photos guys... as they say... worth 1000 words.

Latest posts

Back