• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 14, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe a somewhat dumb question about wheel weights, but it will help settle a argument. Daddy picked up a old sears Suburban 16 ( I think that's right, it's the old deluxe model) and even though it's not a Cub (which he also has some cubs) it is a nice built tractor. It came with some wheel weights he gave them to me, and they are stamped IH with some numbers beside the IH, they are cast iron, they have two slots in them for mounting. Are these IH wheel weights, I'm 99.9% sure they are, but the man Daddy purchased the sears from said they came with the sears (which does not mean anything) also Daddy, and I both are new to all of this... Whatever it was a great find, just wanted to clarify the IH stamp on the weights, I can't think of anything except International Harvester

Clint: Without a pic, I'd guess you're right. Do they have an "L" on them? Ones with an "R" are the extremely Rare ones. Joking, but while thinking about it, I bet the "L" stands for Louisville.
1a_scratchhead.gif

P.S. Does that # resemble 351371P1?
happy.gif

Frank I will get the number tomorrow, with a pic as well. Yes it resembles a number like that, but I will give more information tomorrow, I should have had all the info before I posted my apologies for that.

So fellas after this mower deck is completly painted nicely and put back together.

168206.jpg

How in the world do i put it under this thing with out scratching knuckles or the nice paint, any good advice from the pros who have done this before? thanks
V V V V
168207.jpg

Greg L. Congratulations on the new granddaughter!!!

Vince T. That's terrible what happened to that poor little Cub Cadet.

Question for All. From what I can tell the Keepsake 1650 oil pan is leaking at the drain plug due to either normal wear (aluminum pan) or at some point the threads were cross threaded. I can't find my regular gasket making material and Monday would be the soonest anyone would have a new pan gasket. SSssoooo.... Would it be okay to use 1/16th thick neopreme to make a new gasket? This is some leftover material from making a couple of 15U cork gasket replacements. Or should I wait until I have the correct gasket? TIA. I have an oil pan from a 12 hp that I was going to install.

Vincent wins. LMAO. Marlin; I made a 1/16 thick gasket from neoprene and it leaked after getting hot. Was mowing and oil got on the mower belt and it started slipping or i would have ruined the engine.
Luther

Quick question:
Speaking of Grote lights, my 102 originally had one, but the lens was busted out on it. I can go into any old farm supply store and buy an equivalent or better, but are the old Grotes still available new?

Bruce Nolte,
Replacement lens are regularly sold on a popular auction site. I never tracked their prices though.

Guys the good news about this 125 is it will run again some day!

Greg Lippert CONGRATS on the new Granddaughter!!!!

No cubbing this morning we have for a High School Football Scrimmage to go watch!

Luther. Thank You. I'm going to try and find the regular gasket material one more time. Otherwise I'll wait and just get a gasket next week.

Matt S. That is a really good picture of the Sunstrand (now Sauer Danfoss) Prototype Hydrostatic Original developed by Mr. Charlie Ricketts and his team. That is the tractor that IH based its decision to develop the hydrostatic garden tractor line. Should anyone ever be passing through the Ames, Iowa area and would like to see the tractor let me know and I'll make arrangements to see it and have a plant tour. BTW... the hydrostatic propelled garden tractor project was his next assignment after helping develop the Hydrostatic propelled International Harvester combine. Somewhere in storage the oompany has a complete new IH housing with the hydro unit installed for a IH 656.

Fancy's been helping type this. Actually he's been on my lap while I try and type. He is so ready to out and work. I am going to try and get rid of this migraine first. (One of the side effects or so I'm told of the surgery.)

Marlin, since it is an aluminum oil pan, is the drain plug a normal pipe plug or does it have the flat surface with a gasket? My 1650 would leak also after I got it until I looked up in the parts book that aluminum pans require the special oil plug. It has not leaked a drop since I put the correct plug on it. The cast pans use the standard pipe plug.

Wes H. I'll be going out in a little bit. It appears to be a standard pipe plug.
bash.gif
If I don't get too oily then I'll try and get a picture of it. I have to rewash the garage floor when I get the 1650 out. Dawn dish soap with a bit of Mister Clean does wonders.

All the posting about moving snow got me a little nervous, so I had no choice but to buy a blade! Here are a couple pics of my new-to-me blade. It seems to be in excellent condition, but a PO installed belt material at the bottom (to protect his driveway, I suppose). And the blade hangs lower on the right side than the left, so the right side shoe is worn off, while the one on the left looks like new.

Is there any way to get the blade level again? Can I just twist it back, or will that simply make it weaker?

I put it on grandson's refurbed 1250 for now. It's got spring-assisted armstrong lift, but he's a strappin' 3 year old - he should be able to handle it! It'll likely go on the 1450 for winter use, but for now the boy's excited to see something so cool mounted on "his" tractor. (Besides, it's another opportunity to show off all the effort son-in-law and I put into the tractor last winter.)

168236.jpg

168237.jpg

168238.jpg

168239.jpg

Marlin,Wes

I screwed in a reducer bushing with teflon tape which stays in the oil pan all the time, then use a pipe plug of a smaller size screwed into the bushing. This eliminates the chance of stripping out the threads of the oil pan during oil changes. The threads of the bushing & plug will last forever.

Greg...Congrats on the new granddaughter
thumbsup.gif
Grandpa is the best position to be playin.....

The 1250 is lookin real nice, I like the conveyor belt idea, it would be real forgiving when you catch a seam in the driveway.

Thanks, Brendan - I agree about the Grandpa position. I figure it's God rewarding us for making it through parenthood!

On topic - I'm on my way to the electric motor shop to pick up my rebuilt starter for the 1450. Old armature had windings loose and got cut off. $75, including a new amature and brushes sounded better than $200 for a new one.

Broke the boys out to keep the batteries up.
168241.jpg

Time for some seat covers.
168242.jpg

Have Fun Cubbing.

Ok got some pics of the weights, not even sure how much they weigh, I will have to weigh them to see..

168253.jpg

168254.jpg

Back