• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any Plowing Topics

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marlin, I've got it dialed in with a little playing around i got it and thanks charlie as well.

Well had a fun day with some cub seat time. Started the morning working on the 100 mule. Getting closer to having it ready to plow! About lunch time we loaded Claudia's "Casey" and the 782 Cubber on the trailer with the plows ready to head to one of the neighbors...

290486.jpg

However we made a detour at a local small antique tractor pull to watch my cousin pull. My son Caleb was showing his IH pride by wearing a shirt he had made that says, "I love IH".

290487.jpg

After my cousin had pulled we headed to my neighbors where we met my other cousins to plow for a couple of hours. Russell was loving his "new" 100 that he purchased from me a couple of weeks ago. The soil was soft but the plowing was fun until the Mosquitos started carrying us off of the seats of our tractors. Caleb was able to plow with the 782 for awhile and was really enjoying himself...

290488.jpg

290489.jpg

We are getting into practice for Bluniers--only a month away!

I got some more seat time plowing at my uncles this last weekend! I've been working steadily for the last month and a half trying to get the Mule ready for PD IX. My friend Nate and I, as well as my dad got to plow for a couple of hours on Saturday afternoon. Uncle Rogers field was planted with beans this year. The conditions were near perfect and the Mule worked well. Still need to dial in the carb and fabricate an exhaust stack but then it should should be ready to go to central Illinois. Nate used the 782 Cubber and my dad used Russell's 100. We turned about an acre and then some in a couple hours before it was time to go.

290931.jpg

Here is dad making a pass on the Mule! He enjoyed it and said he really likes using the GD tractors for plowing!
Shift.gif

Here is the first of a couple of videos that I took...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tbRz-oPT834

Nice Video Josh......next time throw it into 2nd and really make it work!!!!

Steve--I kinda figured you would say that! This vid is for you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sDNoeDryho&list=UU5-KSzDwGQYn1lZV8E0xszw

It is funny, right at the end of the video I come to an abrupt stop! I shift the tranny a couple of times and the tractor won't move. For a few seconds I was sure I had broke something until I realized that the creeper had bounced into neutral!!! Then I felt better about the tractor but stupid for not realizing what it was right away!

Here's another plowing video from last Saturday. It is with my newly acquired 782 that we call the Cubber and my buddy Nate driving!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLmbgohLS-Q

I am likely to bring that tractor to PD IX as well.
ihrotate.gif

Josh: Why is it that in the videos of you plowing (or ploughing) with the CC 100 the machine seems to be ambling along and you're enjoying yourself; whereas with Nate on the 782 (although he is certainly enjoying himself) the tractor seems to be working a lot harder? Is he "moving more dirt" as they say on the gold-mining show, or is it just an idiosyncrasy in my perception?

Anyway, enjoyed the videos and all the videos the videos posted allowed me to view.
smile.gif

The 782 is pulling a 12'' instead of a 10'' plow
taking more real estate

JC--Great to hear from you again! Mike is definitely right about the 12" vs the 10" plow. It is amazing how much larger the 12 actually is when you set them side by side. However, there are some other things at play here. First of all, IMHO, the GD tractors were made for plowing. I am amazed how you can just put them in gear, let out the clutch and they do their thing! I have plowed some really tough ground with my 100 GD that was nearly stopping everything else. Given the fact that your clutch is in good shape and you have power and traction, the GD's are amazing when put in front of a plow. No offense to the hydro crowd at all, that is just my observation from about 20 hours of seat time plowing. I will still be plowing some with my 782 at PD IX and I'm working on a custom hitch called "the Rogster" hitch for my CubKub diesel (which will end up on one of the other areas of the forum over the winter). Next,and most importantly, the 12" wasn't setup well that day and afterward we did some serious investigation and learned some interesting things. I had just purchased a Brinly sleeve hitch from a buddy. It was home made and I slapped it right on the 782 and went plowing. One of the thigs we noticed is that no matter how flat or shallow we adjusted the "suck" on the plow it was still riding more like a chisel plow than anything. It was also pushing...er...scraping into the landside portion of the furrow. My uncle Roger, who is one of my heros, had been a farmer his whole life was watching this operation and he said your plow seems way too loose. As it turned out, whoever made the sleeve hitch used a 3/4" inside diameter pipe for the vertical shaft instead of a 5/8" ID pipe. While using the correct 5/8" hitch pin, it was allowing a bunch of lateral movement (I know SOME is important) and allowing the plow to twist some and ride up some. So, given those factors, it was amazing that it plowed at all! I got a hold of some 3/4" to 5/8" bushings and have fit those in the hitch, then I'll ream them just enough to be able to put the pin in and out easily. We will put the whole thing back together and re adjust. Hopefully this time we will have a winner! On the other hand, the old straight beam 10" Brinly on my ExMotorwerks extended hitch was set up just right and was pulling great. The soil was perfect condition and the weather was awesome. I hope we see the same things at PD IX. I just wished that you lived closer JC so you could attend it with us! It would be cool to meet you in person one of these days.

Does a 26x12x12 tire work just as well as the narrower tires? Or is it too wide? Using a 10" plow.

When my 149 had a problem breaking pins in the driveshaft when it had 10.50s tires on it. I went to 8.50 wide tire and haven't broke a pin since. That was 6 years ago. I use a 10 inch plow.

Just dropped off my Cat 0 Brinly 12" at the sandblaster.......

Now....should it be white and black (Brinly stock), or red and black (IH to go behind my red 82 series)??????

Any thoughts?????

Stick with the white and black.
You have the coolest in the world red plow already!

Have you guys heard anything about the garden tractor plowing this Friday thru Sunday (July 24-26, 2015) at the Symco, WI threshree? It is located about an hour straight west of Green Bay. They have held the threshree for nearly 50 years there. I've been to it off and on for the last 25 years or so. They have a ton of old machinery and an antique tractor pull on Saturday. This year, however, is the first time that they will have GT plowing. I'm planning to go up to it on Friday and Saturday this year. Apparently, the plowing starts each day at 1:00pm. I'm trying to contact the GT guy. If I hear any info back from him, I'll post it...

Latest posts

Back