• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Any 3000 series owners out there???

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tlambdin

We'll I'm getting close to buying a 2002 3240 40th anniversery model, 22hp 54' deck, power steering, locking diff, hydrolic lift & pto, 200 hours in good condition for 2,500.00 first of all if any of you have any experience with one like this I'd like to hear your thoughts, I really like the functional ability and ergonomics of it and every where I look theres heavy duty steel, my last tractor was a 782 which served me well for 10 years (except for the usual early kohler 17 probs) but I'm ready for a foot pedaled hydro tractor with more power and power steering, any thoughts? thanks, Tim

Tim:
I just purchased a 2003 model 3235 1-1/2 weeks ago. I just got it back together this morning; took it apart to clean and adjust a few things. Installed the 54" deck - leveled it side-to-side & front-to-back - and gave it a spin. I'm VERY pleased with it after its first spin. When I purchased it, I also wiggled a Cat 0 3-pt hitch into the deal. I'll install that this winter when it's apart for maintenance again.

I purchased a 3235 in Dec 03, got the rear cat.0 3pt, tiller, hydro angle package for the snow blade and a snowblower. Last fall I ordered a cab for it. I also have a cat.0 3pt 12" moldboardplow,a 3pt spring tooth cultivator and a 4 foot 3pt back blade for it. I did get a 54" deck with it but sold it back to the dealer for I have no plans on useing this tractor to mow grass.
It is a work horse of a tractor, and only a couple of things have gone wrong so far.the first problem I had was this last winter when a bolt came loose in the ring gear, locking up the rearend. Being under warrenty, the entire internals of the rearend was replaced at no cost to me, even the pick up and delivery back cost me nothing. 2nd problem was last week while out tilling the garden, one of the pto belts broke, which took out the pto break and bent the lower double pully. These are on order and are being covered also under the warrenty.
I am sure glad this tractor came with a 2 year warrenty, so far I have 139 hours run time on the motor with oil changes and air cleaner change every 25 hours.
The only bad thing I would have to say about it is that it is impossable to find a 24-10.50-12 ag tire for the rear.

(Message edited by lbuttke on May 18, 2005)

Lonny:
I sounds like your 3235 has four (4) hydraulic circuits - center lift, rear lift, front lift and front angle. If that is the case, how is the 4th handle incorporated into the scheme of things on the fender???

Did you purchase this tractor with all the hydraulics installed or did you do this yourself? When I had mine apart for cleaning/maintenance it looks like a bit of a nuisance to add this stuff. I'll know for sure this winter when I install my 3pt hitch.

Keith

Keith.
I had the dealer install all the hydraulic circuits, the lever for the 3pt goes next to the seat, you have to cut the fender deck to do this. The dealer did this as part of the purchase price of the 3pt lift package. afterwards he said that they would be chargeing for installing any others, seems it took the mechanic 4 hours to do the install, and that was just the 3pt circuit.The 2 circuits for the hydro angle is rather easy to install from what he told me, its the 3point one that is a bugger to do.
Had I known at the time they needed to cut the fender deck I would have told them to go ahead and use the deck lever slot being I dont use it. I even removed the handle to get it out of the way for now, until I figure how to rerout the hydrulic lines to the rear of the tractor for outlets in the back, for I want to make a hydraulic dump trailer and use that circuit for operating the cylinder on the trailer.
I

I have a Cub Cadet 3204. It has 250 hours on it. So far it has been a great tractor.

I noticed the the battery cables have covers over them. I noticed that there is hole in each cap. I supect this has something to do with getting the cables removed from the battery.

I would appreciate it if anyone could tell me how to get these covers removed so I could get to the battery cables and remove them.

I would also like to know what year it the 3204 was built.

Thank you.

Back